$1.3K+ dress: I love Herve Leger dresses, but how do average people afford them?

chiquen81

O.G.
Feb 11, 2008
I see them a lot lately - are people getting a discount or are they seriously dropping $1,300 for a cocktail dress?

If you have the HL dress, do you feel as though it was a splurge or do you spend this much on most clothes?

I see them a lot lately - are people getting a discount or are they seriously dropping $1,300 for a cocktail dress?

If you have the HL dress, do you feel as though it was a splurge or do you spend this much on most clothes?

I have a couple, and unfortunately i paid full price for both, not to sound snooty:shame:, but most of my clothes are designer so 1300 isn't that much to spend on a dress.

They do have sales at the HL boutiques, and they go on sale at Ron Herman, Nordstrom, and Saks as well. You can get one for a few hundred dollars sometimes. Also, sometimes the dresses listed on ebay aren't a bad deal. They do have cheaper styles that start at $700.

It is not so much that I see them around Boston, it's that I see people online posting that they have them...or posting pictures of them wearing 3 of them.

Maybe I'm just confused because EVERYONE in the celebrity world has them, and maybe it is less in the "real world" than I think...

I adore the way they hug the body. The fit looks incredible. I just don't think I could bring myself to buy one. Maybe if I made 50K more than I currently do...

412zlVe-SLL._SL500_.jpg

I don't even really like the way the Bebe one looks. Maybe it's just because I know it is Bebe.

^^Yeah, I do. I feel like the quality isn't much better than Forever 21, but it's like 5x the price. I was thinking about the bebe dresses, but I hear (and it seems like) the fabric isn't nearly as strong and figure-flattering as HL. I myself am saving for an HL.