$1.3K+ dress: I love Herve Leger dresses, but how do average people afford them?

chiquen81

O.G.
Feb 11, 2008
I see them a lot lately - are people getting a discount or are they seriously dropping $1,300 for a cocktail dress?

If you have the HL dress, do you feel as though it was a splurge or do you spend this much on most clothes?

Apr 14, 2008
I see them a lot lately - are people getting a discount or are they seriously dropping $1,300 for a cocktail dress?

If you have the HL dress, do you feel as though it was a splurge or do you spend this much on most clothes?
I have a couple, and unfortunately i paid full price for both, not to sound snooty:shame:, but most of my clothes are designer so 1300 isn't that much to spend on a dress.

Apr 14, 2008
I will likely never see someone wearing one in st.louis..
I've worn mine around, one to a wedding, and the other for a graduation party.
St. Louis is boring though, I hardly ever see a fellow CL wearer or anything, but it is the midwest.

Mar 5, 2008
They do have sales at the HL boutiques, and they go on sale at Ron Herman, Nordstrom, and Saks as well. You can get one for a few hundred dollars sometimes. Also, sometimes the dresses listed on ebay aren't a bad deal. They do have cheaper styles that start at $700.

Veelyn

I'M BACK :)
Oct 16, 2007
Fangtasia
I've worn mine around, one to a wedding, and the other for a graduation party.
St. Louis is boring though, I hardly ever see a fellow CL wearer or anything, but it is the midwest.

Right.. I never see anything designer hardly.. and if I do its fake :tdown:. St. Louis is OVERRUN with fake goaches.

chiquen81

O.G.
Feb 11, 2008
It is not so much that I see them around Boston, it's that I see people online posting that they have them...or posting pictures of them wearing 3 of them.

Maybe I'm just confused because EVERYONE in the celebrity world has them, and maybe it is less in the "real world" than I think...

I adore the way they hug the body. The fit looks incredible. I just don't think I could bring myself to buy one. Maybe if I made 50K more than I currently do...

chiquen81

O.G.
Feb 11, 2008
Oh you answered my question. Bebe.

Does anyone think Bebe has been really tacky for a long time?

chiquen81

O.G.
Feb 11, 2008

I don't even really like the way the Bebe one looks. Maybe it's just because I know it is Bebe.

Mar 5, 2008
^^Yeah, I do. I feel like the quality isn't much better than Forever 21, but it's like 5x the price. I was thinking about the bebe dresses, but I hear (and it seems like) the fabric isn't nearly as strong and figure-flattering as HL. I myself am saving for an HL.