1/2 size too big... keep or return

uwhuskygirl

I need a cupcake.
O.G.
Oct 25, 2007
I'm hoping the more experienced CLers can help me.

I got a pair of the black calf babel boots for 40% off, but they're a half size too big. My size is completely sold out at Nordstrom.

They fit good enough, but they are a little long in the length (1 finger width) and a little loose in the ankles.

Has anyone had luck keeping shoes that were half a size too big, as in do you actually wear them to warrant the cost?

TIA!

Well first of all, congrats on the fantastic deal!!:yahoo:

Honestly, I think the Babels are ok to be a half size up...it will leave you room to wear some comfy socks! :graucho:

Oh sorry, I should have said they're 1/2 size too big with thick socks.

Insoles are a good idea too.

I'm going to try and make these work. Thanks!

My Piros are a 39.5 and I typically take a 38.5; I was able to make these work, so I think you should be ok. Boots are quite different from heels that are too bid, as your foot is more secure. I really think that the full insoles should do the trick. ;)

Good luck!

The stars must be aligned.

I just called my SA as a last ditch effort to see if she can find my size, even though it was sold out last week.

She just called back and said some time within the last week Dallas had a return because she found me the last pair of 38s!!!! She's sending them in and I'm going to exchange them! :yahoo:

I have the same problem with the Pigalles I just bought online. The space in the back is large enough to slip my index finger in, but I dont want to retun them because they were the only ones in my size....not sure what to do since I can't really wear socks with mines.