09A Metallic Grey Maxi OR Fall Act1 Dk Silver (Argent Fonce) 227. HELP ME CHOOSE!!

MarvelGirl

Always Be Thankful
O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
Hi Ladies,

I desperately need your thoughts and opinions regarding which one you would pick of the two:

09A Metallic Grey Maxi

OR

08 Fall Act1 Dark Silver (Argent Fonce) 227

I LOVE the classic look and lambskin of the Metallic Grey Maxi but have been lusting for a Dark Silver reissue. Unfortunately, I am a bit worried about all of the problems some ladies have experienced with the metallic reissues.

Price is the same or very close (around $3100-3200) for either so it really comes down to which one is better, prettier, the smarter purchase, etc.

Which one would you buy?

Thanks so much in advance for your time! :heart:

For me, it is definately the dark silver reissue. I love the original MN lock. I have the ds from 2007 and use it daily. I am careful with my bags but don't baby them. So far, no fading and peeling observed. HTH

i love both. they are very pretty.
the metallic grey lambskin maxi does scratch very easy tho.. i have the woc and it does scratch easy, well , at least for me! . the leather very smooth but the color beat everything. such gorgeous color.

I don't think you can really make a bad decision... it's a good position to be in. :nuts: I saw the metallic grey WOC last night and it's really pretty... my problem is that I have a matte gold lamb flap from a few years back, and I feel that you have to be really, really careful with it... scratches show so easily... I feel like that problem would be magnified on a. a darker colored metallic lamb and b. on a maxi, which has more surface area.

I have several metallic reissues and (knock on wood!) have never experienced fading/peeling issues... plus, the distressed metallic calf is, IMO, much hardier than the smooth metallic lamb.

So, if it were me, I'd get the reissue. If your heart tells you to get the maxi though, listen to it haha. p Good luck deciding! :flowers:

Both bags are just gorgeous. However, I, personally, would go for the DS metallic, since it is less prone to scratches and I've had absolutely no problems with my 3 metallics. A difficult choice, though, since I saw the metallic grey last week and it is a fabulous colour.

Thanks for all of the feedback, ladies!

I am nervous about all that scratchable lambskin that you all mention but equally as scared about peeling and fading on the metallic reissue. I'm starting to feel a bit crazy as I don't want to make the wrong choice and have tons of regret!!:wacko::shrugs::s

So far it looks like both bags have the same amount of votes - 5 each - for the metallic grey and the for the dark silver. This is a crazy tough decision so please keep the thoughts coming. Thanks again!