08 Modern Chain - style number???

miki99

Jul 30, 2008
Hi,

This is my first post - I have really enjoyed reading all the threads since I joined - very informative. :tup: However, I'm having trouble finding the style number for the 08 glazed modern chain tote. I have gone through all the modern chain threads and haven't been able to find it. :sad:

I would really appreciate it if someone could get back to me. A friend of mine is travelling to Paris in two weeks time and I was hoping she could pick up a bag for me. I've tried calling one of their stores, but he (SA) wasn't very helpful :sad: Do you think it is possible that this bag is still available in Paris???

Hi miki99, welcome to tPF and the Chanel forum :flowers:

Can't help you out with the style number, but hopefully someone else will be able to help you out soon.

miki -- there were two versions of the modern chain glazed calfskin tote in Fall 08, the larger east west (EW) trapezoid version and the smaller north south (NS) rectangular version. The style # for the smaller NS is A33376Y04546 in color 94305 (black). I don't know the # for the EW. Hope this helps!

miki -- there were two versions of the modern chain glazed calfskin tote in Fall 08, the larger east west (EW) trapezoid version and the smaller north south (NS) rectangular version. The style # for the smaller NS is A33376Y04546 in color 94305 (black). I don't know the # for the EW. Hope this helps!

Thanks jayjay but I was after the E/W - I will edit and clarify on the name of thread. Hopefully someone will have it as I know a few members own this bag.

Hi Miki,
I just bought the E/W Modern chain tote. Here is the style # 08A A33378Y04546 color black: 94305

Why don't you buy it here in US? I believe some Neimans still have it.

Thank you Miss H :smile:

I'm from Sydney, Australia - I wish Chanel was as easily accessable as it is in the States. We only have one store in Sydney :sad:

Ohh! Ok! I understand now. If they have one in Paris, you should get it for a little less than here. Don't forget to ask your friend to claim the 12% VAT tax back! ;)
I hope you'll get one! :smile:

I really hope they have one in stock - trying not to get my hopes up though...

If MC not available, I'm thinking caviar classic flap M/L or maybe one of the new totes with the interwoven chain links.