'06 Rouge City - where to find? How long?

Well ... after having seen the Rouge Vif and now owning the First (because that's all that's been available so far), I would say that if you really want one ... DEFINITELY get on the list somewhere or make friends *FAST* with an S/A that works at a store where they are going to be carried.

The S/A's at both Barneys here in Boston have said that the Rouge Vif is the #1 color that they are being called about. The 'chatter' on all the various Forums (like ours) and elsewhere has been so great that they believe that this color will SELL OUT ... period! From what I was told by one of my Parisian colleagues (who's sister-in-law works for Balenciaga), once they make their allotment ... they do not make anymore regardless of the demand. Once the last of the Fall bags are shipped, they are going to be concentrating on the 2006 Holiday collection and then the 2007 Pre-Spring. So ... call in all your favors!!!

CeeJay said:
Well ... after having seen the Rouge Vif and now owning the First (because that's all that's been available so far), I would say that if you really want one ... DEFINITELY get on the list somewhere or make friends *FAST* with an S/A that works at a store where they are going to be carried.

The S/A's at both Barneys here in Boston have said that the Rouge Vif is the #1 color that they are being called about. The 'chatter' on all the various Forums (like ours) and elsewhere has been so great that they believe that this color will SELL OUT ... period! From what I was told by one of my Parisian colleagues (who's sister-in-law works for Balenciaga), once they make their allotment ... they do not make anymore regardless of the demand. Once the last of the Fall bags are shipped, they are going to be concentrating on the 2006 Holiday collection and then the 2007 Pre-Spring. So ... call in all your favors!!!

Really?!? OMG! You know, you are onto something, though. I called the NM in SF and they said they weren't getting many. Looks like BalNY and AR will be the best bets unless you know a great SA(I think Jag mentioned that her SA, Lisa at her local NM, will get the Rouge Cities, though). It is a beautiful color and the leather looks so yummy in everyone's pics.