'06 Lilac vs. '09 Lilac - oh so close.......

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
I suck at reveal threads. I know I know - I should tease you all and draw this out over the next 10 hours until everyone goes crazy - but I just don't have that kind of time LOL: so here we go. I had the opportunity to purchase a new 09 lilac city bag so I went for it as this has always been one of my favorite Balenciaga colors. I bought first and thought second - so who knows if I'll even keep her: but I knew that others would be interested in seeing the comparison shots between the two.

My initial thoughts:

ON COLOR: the '09 lilac is "clearer" if that makes sense, more clear lilac color. No serious pink undertones (like '04 lilac - lovely but not pictured). The 06 lilace has an undertone of yellow that you don't noticed as much when it's by itself. It's also (the 06) is way more shiny and distressed. Both great colors and very close - but some differences in undertone (yellow for the 06 and lavender undertone for the 09) and also in leather.

ON LEATHER: My '09 is a nice mix of smoothness with a little texture - so it's not completely smooth. Also the leather seems more plush. My '06 lilac items are a little thinner leather-wise with shiny and textured leather.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts! Enjoy!
'06 lilac coin purse and makeup
'09 lilac city bag

without flash:
DSC06245.jpg

DSC06247.jpg

DSC06239.jpg

with flash (which lightens the 09 more than IRL)
DSC06241.jpg

DSC06244.jpg

Last edited:
thans fOr the comparison BEAUX!!:nuts:omg this new lilac/lavender is so pretty!!!i prefer it to 06 ...what a pity that it won't be available for us ,poor EUROPEAN CUSTOMERS:crybaby::cry::pout:

OMG, I have wanted an 06 Lilac First for a long time but I definitely prefer the 09 Lilac. I absolutely love the Lavender undertone. And I'm with Chloeglamour; what a pity it won't be available for us europeans :cry:

Thanks so much Beaux for the comparison pics and many congrats on getting this beauty.

Thank you badbananagirl

OMG, I have wanted an 06 Lilac First for a long time but I definitely prefer the 09 Lilac. I absolutely love the Lavender undertone. And I'm with Chloeglamour; what a pity it won't be available for us europeans :cry:

Thanks so much Beaux for the comparison pics and many congrats on getting this beauty.

^^You are welcome and thank you! I feel like I prefer the color of the 09 too. My 06 looks muddy now if that makes sense and also have a very yellow undertone. That's just silly that Europe isn't getting lilac!

congrats beaux, :yahoo: 09 lilac looks gorgeous and i must say that the leather of your lilac 09 city looks pretty close to my 06 lilac first which is even chèvre, not that shiny, no distressing, silky and totally different from my 06 lilac cp. i've seen some lilac day with the same leather as my cp but the lilac firsts the george V shop had at that time were all smooth and silky. the leather variation may show up on 09 bags too, and differ from one style to another. by the way, how do you like the agneau leather? :P
momson1.jpg

Thank you so much for the comparison photos! I intensely dislike reveal threads, so I appreciate your straight to the point photos. No disrespect to any of those people who like reveal threads - to each his own. :smile:

I like the 09 lilac better too - you are right - the color is brighter - not muddled in any way.

Why don't they do a LE work!!!!????

thank you!

Thank you for the comparison shots. She is a beauty! Do you plan to do any pre care on her? Such as apple guard or any product, really. I am asking because I ordered one and will be here tomorrow. I am concerned about fading and color transfer. Thanks!!

Love the comparison shots, I have heard and head over heel for the 06 Liliac...but I know there isnt much chance for me to get one at all :cry: and how wonderful that they are making 09 Liliac however...why only limited in NM~~~ :pout:It is just not fair...coz its such a lovely lavender undertone, Congrats on your purchase!!:balloon: I am curious about the fading as well.

Thank you so much for the comparison photos! I intensely dislike reveal threads, so I appreciate your straight to the point photos. No disrespect to any of those people who like reveal threads - to each his own. :smile:

I like the 09 lilac better too - you are right - the color is brighter - not muddled in any way.

Why don't they do a LE work!!!!????

thank you!

^^You are very welcome! I'm not a huge fan of reveal threads unless they go very fast! LOL I like to see the goods! :graucho:

I'd love this in a work! Do we know for sure that they're not doing one. I heard a rumor in the other lilac thread I think that they're doing a first, although I haven't seen/heard of any yet.