05 Dolma vs. 07 Steel Plomb vs. 08 Black...HELP!!!

ttw773

Feb 23, 2008
I am looking to replace my 08' Black GGH Brief (too heavy= not easy enough to carry) with one of the following (all RH) and I would love YOUR opinions!!!:smile:

05 Dolma -Day or First
07 Steel Plomb City
08 Black Day

I use to have an 06' Day Bag and I miss the gorgeous leather and light weight ease of carrying it....I have never owned a city or first so I am tempted to try something new, but am nervous about whether it will give me what I need (easy to carry, versatile color, yummy leather).

HELP!!!!

I LOVE Dolma, it is an unusual neutral. Plomb is also beautiful, and the leather is gorgeous.
I have both, and they are equally beautiful, hard to decide!
I would get a Dolma city instead of a first tho!
Good luck, let us know what you decide!

Is the quality of the 05 leather really noticeably softer and smooshier than the 07? Should this influence my decision? Is the city as easy to carry as the day style? I like having my arms and hands free so I tend to wear my bags on my shoulders....

Thanks so much for all your help ladies:smile:

I LOVE Dolma, it is an unusual neutral. Plomb is also beautiful, and the leather is gorgeous.
I have both, and they are equally beautiful, hard to decide!
I would get a Dolma city instead of a first tho!
Good luck, let us know what you decide!

Dolma! It's such an unusual colour and yet still such a beautiful neutral. If you're used to the Day, a City might be a better bag to get because of how much you can put into it (though I think a Dolma First would be amazing). And yes, you can carry the City on your shoulders. If you find the straps too snug, you can easily use the shoulder strap too.

Well girls, I did opt for the Plomb City...my dear fiance who puts up amazingly well with my "bag talk" helped me determine that getting a darker colored bag would be more practical and easier to use from day to night (matches everything). I should be getting it in a week or so (it is coming from France) so I will have to post modeling pics then...it is in great shape but is definitely well broken in so I am hoping that the handles are soft enough to make it easy to carry on the shoulder:smile: