05 bordeaux vs. 06 grenat

1. What's the difference???

2. there's very similiar colors moe & both are gorgeous :tender:...below is a picture of my little miss bordeaux first :love:...i'm guessing the leather on the new grenat is thicker & not as distressed :shrugs:

BORDEAUX BAG 2.jpg
  3. Is the bordeaux darker and more purple?? The grenat looks like it has more red in it.

4. welp, i think the bordeux has more plummy undertones & the grenat is more red (don't think 1 is darker than the other though) :girlsigh:

5. I have both and Moe is quite correct!

6. I am speechless :wtf: :wtf: :heart: Your bag is soooooooooo beautiful!!!
    Below are a few pictures of my grenat city !! :P

blb2 002.jpg blb2 004.jpg
  7. Oh Miraiamrees, that's gorgeous!!! I really hope mine is close to that color!

8. I think grenat is more red-brown toned (isn't this what some people were calling "oxblood"?). While the bordeaux is more like a very nice deep burgundy/wine with a lot of dimension. The bordeaux bags that I own/have owned have had really gorgeous 'older' leather too (since it was a pre-fall '05 bag). Both the bordeaux and grenat are of course lovely! But they really are pretty different (in my opinion) in color.

9. right back at ya
    :tender:

10. I personally like bordeaux ALOT better. It's actually the first bbag I'd ever seen prior to ordering mine - it was a bordeaux work, and it was being held for someone. The bordeaux is like a deep, deep red wine. It's just very...deep, and multifaceted. The grenat doesn't have that depth. It's in no means a flat color, but it's definitely lighter than bordeaux. The grenat looks like a red mixed with brown and the bordeaux looks like red mixed with black.

11. Moe - I think the 2 colors are very similar. I remember seeing a thread in which someone posted the 2 bags side by side and you could hardly tell the difference! I'll try to find it for you...

aaa - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your bordeaux! The color looks so rich! :nuts: :nuts:
    Myriam - I am also in love with your grenat! It has the smoothest leather! :heart: :love:

12. they are both beautiful....but the leather makes a huge difference so go for the one with thicker leather!

13. I had both and Bordeaux is definitely plummy while the Grenat had a redder tone to it. The colors really are very similar, though(to point where I personally wouldn't keep both in my collection unless they were different styles).

Myriam--your Grenat is gorgeous!!! Wow! The leather is TDF!

aaa--I hope you're keeping your Bordeaux! It's such a pretty color!

14. thanks Pupster-girl, i'm happy to say i've decided she's a keeper :tender:

15. Yay!!! :yahoo:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice