04' Eggplant City on Ebay!

:weird: whoa, $1800?!?! that is totally crazy!
i never knew b-bags could have such resale. the eggplant color is amazing though. i was drooling over those pics!

i couldnt ever pay that much... i can save up for gorgeous shoes so easily, but getting up to the 1K mark is impossible for me! I cant even imagine getting together 1800 for a purse!!!

she probably buys them from people who know nothing about the potential resale value of a hot rare color, keeps them stored, then jacks up the price and lists them on ebay...damn, i need to learn from her haha

Actually, she bought them retail and they're from her personal collection. It's kind of like anything else...either they will go up in value due to supply and demand or she could have taken a hit on them. I don't blame her for selling them for the price people are willing to pay, especially on ebay where it's all about bidding. I wouldn't say it's her jacking up the price, but the buyers that offer her the higher prices for a rare bag that's in mint condition and I've never seen a bag of hers look anything less than new. Prime example is this eggplant. Even though she listed it at 1400, which seems high, someone still jumped in to offer her 400 more to end it. Especially with the less quality of the new leather, her bags are worth a good amount more than the current retail IMO.

^ yeah exactly. I never said anything about how shes greedy and jacking up the prices. I just simple stated thats a good technique and hell, I even was planning on bidding 1500$ for her classique.

Yep to reiterate what surfer said the seller collects these bags and has been known to have a pretty gigantic bag collection that she sells of little by little. i think we all need to be realistic that these bags are indeed rare in mint condition and with the demand being as high as it is people are going to have to pay through the nose simply because they are competing with one another.

My intention wasn't to sound defensive and I never said you were insinuating greed. I was just responding to the post about her buying from sellers who are unaware of their resale value and her jacking up the price. Simple as that. I would do the same thing but I don't sell on ebay and am more conservative as far as taking chances on whether I'll make or lose money.