0.25ctw studs, which vendor? Brian Gavin vs Whiteflash vs Costco any thoughts?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I am looking for a tiny pair of studs for daily wear. 0.25ctw.

I have seen wedding bands from both Brian Gavin and Whiteflash. While BG stones blew me away, I did not like their chunky setting. Whiteflash stones did not impress me that much. Maybe it was a dud, but I keep hearing how great they are. Now, I went to my local Costco and saw their 0.25ctw studs and despite the lighting, they actually seemed good enough. James Allen seems to have actual videos of the stud. Of course the quality varies from one vendor to another.

Now price comparison

BG: $545 + $125 (if I add la pousette backs) totaling $670
    WF: $450
    James Allen: $470
    Costco: $279
    Bluenile: $299

I can't really compare them side by side and wonder if the higher price is worth it when the studs are so tiny and on the ear. Which vendor should I choose? Anyone has either preset studs or tiny studs from them? Any advice would be appreciated. TIA.

2. I don’t think I’d pay the premium for the branded stones from BG or WF of this size. James Allen isn’t even worth considering at that price point IMO. So I’d chose between the Costco and BN ones. Both have great return policies, so maybe order from both and decide. Or if you are able to order a pair from BG and WF too, you may decide the premium is worth it. GL

couchette and Shopgirl1996 like this.
  3. Ha, I was just looking at those same earrings on Costco’s website! I think FunBagz gave you great advice.
    I’m tempted to get Mossiante or Diamond Lab studs myself,they are small!

4. I’m going from memory so maybe wrong but I read a sign at my Costco I believe stating that the diamonds on display are not real (for security). I would clarify this if you decide on their earrings based on what you saw in the case.

5. I think some of their larger stones are "fake" ones for security reasons. I believe stones smaller than 1ct is real. Thanks for addressing this!

6. I bought this exact size from James Allen and ended up selling them and slightly upgrading to a pair from ID Jewelry. ID Jewelry was great to work with. I had several pairs in the size I wanted to choose from and they were very patient with me.

sammytheMUA, couchette and FunBagz like this.
  7. Great to know. How was the quality of your JA studs? I'm sure your ID Jewelry studs are beautiful!

8. I second ID Jewelry. Great to work with, quality products and reasonable prices.

9. I have a pair of diamond studs from Costco. Can't say enough good things about them! Love the sparkle and I really think best value for your money.

couchette likes this.
  10. Do you by chance have a pic of your diamonds? I'm considering the same ones

11. I'll have to look around. Just a FYI, mine have a slightly highter ctw and are princess cut.

couchette likes this.
  12. I'd go with Costco. If you don't like them you can easily return

couchette likes this.
  13. I think the quality was good; I just wanted a slightly larger size.

14. Good to know. I emailed them to check their inventory.

15. I'd love to see them too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice