special treatment while carrying LV

socalgrl86

Mommy Extraordinaire
Aug 20, 2006
Ok, I have a question for you guys..

Do you guys ever feel like you get treated a little better at higher end stores when you are carrying your LV? I went to Saks yesterday to buy my son some clothes and when I got there everyone was so helpful and friendly (something that they NEVER are when I dont carry Louis) anyways, after I finished buying his clothes I went downstairs to look at some more LV:P and when I got there I had sales people keep asking me over and over again if I needed help. Someone even walked me to the boutique...

I dont like getting special treatment or attention and I dont like being a snob at all but I just had to ask if you guys get this kind of attention as well..

I notice that salespeople treat me differently when they see that I am carrying LV. Even my husband has said that he notices it too, especially when we are in Nordstrom. When I was shopping with a friend one day, I had an LV bag and she had a Hermes Kelly bag, we went into a Coach store to get my hubby a wallet, and the girl there said to us, "Is there anything that WE can help you with HERE?" Honestly, that's what she said.

Hmm..I don't know I don't really pay attention but I just assume they do that all the time. To be honest..I don't really like when SA keep bugging me..I normally tell them I will let them know if I need some help..

OH MAN! I believe so!

I was at the DFS Galleria in Waikiki, Hawaii looking at sunglasses and all of a sudden the lady starts bringing me a new pair for every single pair of sunglasses I was looking at ! When I snuck away, my boyfriend told me that she was looking my purse up and down, in and out. :Push: this was with my damier speedy.

socalgrl - aww the SAs were so sweet! how was their service other times when you werent carrying a LV?

tr444 - WTH! :cursing: did you report her?!?! gee, that was a bit rude!

mello_yello_jen - I know! I thought that was an odd thing to say because if I'm coming into your store then I'm in there for a reason right? It was weird.

I noticed that more SAs approach me and are generally more helpful when I am dressed nicely and carrying a stylish bag. When I go to the mall after work,dressed in a tee with jeans, and carrying a book bag or backpack, SAs ignore me because they assume I am a student.

Not really..I usually go to the same Saks and Neiman's so the people know me anyway. Same with my mom. I've really never gotten the brush off, no matter how I'm dressed or what bag I'm carrying. For example, last year around Christmas time, I was in my Saks buying my mom the Bulgari perfume and body cream she loves. I was dressed in jeans, a cashmere sweater with an Abercrombie coat over it and for shoes, I was wearing my Roxy clogs (dark brown with a wooden sole). The bag I was carrying was my Samantha Thavasa/Nicky Hilton black star hobo. The SA I was working with was so nice and attentive and I'd never even seen her before.

Actually, the only place you get the evil eye even while carrying an expensive bag (I was carrying the Chanel multipocket and holding a huge Chanel shopping bag) is the Fendi in South Coast Plaza. They follow you around that partition no matter WHAT you look like.

Hmmm, not that I have noticed. I wonder if it is because they work on commision and see $$$ signs when they look at your bag :P !

well ppl on the forum said earlier that LV SA's arn't on comission right?
i work in retail and it pisses me off wen ppl are so rude to me b/c they assume i'm on commission (and i'm not)... and all i've said to them is 'hi how are you'
i understand that pushy SA's exist and such but you shudn't walk in with the assumption that the SA is pushy...
it's my job to greet people who have just come into the store or the ppl who are looking around in my 'zone'... and even if i'm not required to do it, it's just a polite thing to do...
sorry about the little rant... it's just frustrating sometimes when ppl start acting very rude or defensive (hand up in front of them as if trying to push you away when you are not even close to them) when all you're doing is saying a simple 'hi' :hysteric:

Well, I do notice a bit more attention when I carry I high end bag, no matter the brand...or shoe's. The other day I was in NM and looking at shoes so the salesman looked down and, I swear to god..gasped....are those louie v's?...yes...those are awesome!....thanks....gaze travels up to my bag...wow! nice bag, too.... thanks...lol

With that said, I am really outgoing (learned from DH) and friendly to all, so I find I almost always get good service, no matter what store I am in.

[
Actually, the only place you get the evil eye even while carrying an expensive bag (I was carrying the Chanel multipocket and holding a huge Chanel shopping bag) is the Fendi in South Coast Plaza. They follow you around that partition no matter WHAT you look like.[/quote]

No way !!!! I was with MIL in that Fendi store in SCP..even the security guys watched us like a hawk..
I guess the SA has to follow people around because we got that too lol, it's so annoying

[
Actually, the only place you get the evil eye even while carrying an expensive bag (I was carrying the Chanel multipocket and holding a huge Chanel shopping bag) is the Fendi in South Coast Plaza. They follow you around that partition no matter WHAT you look like.

No way !!!! I was with MIL in that Fendi store in SCP..even the security guys watched us like a hawk..
I guess the SA has to follow people around because we got that too lol, it's so annoying[/quote]

Maybe the security guys were following you around cause you are so damn cute!

I guess the SA has to follow people around because we got that too lol, it's so annoying

Maybe the security guys were following you around cause you are so damn cute![/quote]

LOL:shame: :lol:

I once went to the LV store to get my steamer bag repaired, of course the SA's know that I am gutsy enough to be carrying around a $2600 luggage item, so I had like 3 SA helping me and running around the store for me. what ever I touched they brought to me and gave me all the product details. It was an interesting experience.

Not really..I usually go to the same Saks and Neiman's so the people know me anyway. Same with my mom. I've really never gotten the brush off, no matter how I'm dressed or what bag I'm carrying. For example, last year around Christmas time, I was in my Saks buying my mom the Bulgari perfume and body cream she loves. I was dressed in jeans, a cashmere sweater with an Abercrombie coat over it and for shoes, I was wearing my Roxy clogs (dark brown with a wooden sole). The bag I was carrying was my Samantha Thavasa/Nicky Hilton black star hobo. The SA I was working with was so nice and attentive and I'd never even seen her before.

That Fendi in particular is the WORST place to shop. They treat you like you're going to steal NO MATTER WHAT!