urgent kelly question

stylesavvy

Oct 26, 2008
hello all,

some of u may remember my post about a togo blue jean kelly versus clemence. 5 mins ago, an opportunity (or u may call it a miracle!) came up and my friend found for me what she calls ' a taurillon 35 cm kelly in white stiching + blue jean w silver hardware'. excited to have found my dream bag so easily, i asked her to immediately buy it for me. but i forgot to ask.. is it a souple kelly or a stiff one. she insists it is a soft one (thats my preference) but now i cant be sure..

is it possible for a taurillon kelly to be stiff, anyway? my intuition says it is only made in the soft version anyway, so i shouldnt worry.. am i right?

also, taurillon is the same leather as clemence, right?

once i get over this anxiety and receive the bag, i will post the pics and share the whole story :smile:

Yes, you're right. Clemence is souple so it's only done in rotourne (inside stitch) style. Congrats on your new Kelly. Do post pics when you have it!

Yes, you're right. Clemence is souple so it's only done in rotourne (inside stitch) style. Congrats on your new Kelly. Do post pics when you have it!

well you are right 99,9 % of the time there are sellier kellys around in clemence (and togo) but it is safe to assume the bag in question is retournee. just wanted to clarify and inform no offense please

well you are right 99,9 % of the time there are sellier kellys around in clemence (and togo) but it is safe to assume the bag in question is retournee. just wanted to clarify and inform no offense please

None taken lilach. :smile: You're a wealth of information and once again thank you for sharing!

Would love to see a sellier Kelly in togo/clemence.

If possible, ask if it is inside stitch or outside stitch. That's how my SA describe the sellier/retourne to me. But anyhow, I think you *should* be safe.

Congrats!

i am posting the picture (finally can) to see what u think.. keeping my fingers crossed that it only appears like a sellier because it has never been used, but is actually a souple that will soften and soften in time!

Attachments

• kelly 35 bj.jpg
    kelly 35 bj.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 231