The process has begun!

tlloveshim

Emmy!
O.G.
Mar 19, 2006
Woohoo! I just sent my very first email with some questions and requests for my very first order!! I emailed Ignacio before and had some samples sent to me but went with a few BE bags first. But I am seriously dying for a purple bag so remembered how much I liked the Ignes bags not too long ago! I simply cannot afford another $600-700 bag now and from everything I can see, Ignes bags are just as nice as those higher priced bags w/o the bigger price! (I do however LOVE my BE Love Me Midi which I adopted from a lovely seller for a sweet price!)

Anyhow! I am thinking a Mini Chiara or Mini Ormala in dark purple nappa with lilac suede lining and gold hardware. I have asked if the strap drop on the Mini Chiara can be lengthened though as I want it as a shoulder bag. The messenger strap need only be long enough to slip it on my shoulder when I need a longer drop. I won't need it as a cross body bag. If that can't be done then the Mini Ormala will be the one! Both are lovely bags and I think would be great in purple! I'm very excited about the prospect of my very first Ignes bag!! Now I just need to wait patiently for an email reply! :yahoo:

I've really enjoyed looking at everyone's pics of their lovely bags! Greenpixie's purple Mini Ormala especially caught my attention of course! :drool:

Last edited:
Although I love the purses you are deciding between, I would suggest you wait until the new Emilia or Tilly bag comes out. Only one will win though as it is a contest! Most of the girls including me love the Emilia. I'm only saying this because I was going to get a mini chiara and then I saw the Emilia and it was love at first sight. I just want you to see what ALL of your options are :yes:. You can check it out here!

http://forum.purseblog.com/ignes/the-emilia-is-out-424180.html

The winner will be announced tomorrow!

Hello! Thanks for the suggestion! I voted for Emilia actually so am hoping that's the winning design! I'm not much of a hobo girl though honestly. I have recently learned this about myself after a couple of purchases that I made that I lost quite a bit of money on because they just didn't work for me and I had to sell them. No returns unfortunately! I determined that the Mini Chiara or Mini Ormala would work well for me since I can get either in a nice, supple leather so there'll be some slouch but still have a little bit of structure. I'm thinking this way based on how well my BE Love Me Midi works for me. Thanks again, though!

Hi, tlloveshim! Welcome to the Ignes experience! You're right, it's just begun.

I love the same bags as you~ have both Mini Chiara & Mini Ormala on order. For certain purposes (esp. work for me) it is nice to have a "bit of structure", as you put it. I chose tinted leathers for both, which are a tiny bit thinner than the more structured leathers, but incredibly soft and supple. Hopefully you will have some more samples soon to make the best decision for you.

I was MIA for some time, but my recollection was that the purple leathers available were quite structured. Does anyone know if there are softer purples available now?

Of all the BE bags, the LM Midi would be my choice. Seems great minds think alike. ..

Totally offtopic, but love your equine baby. Horse or pony?

Enjoy the Ignes ride!

Hi there!

With your needs, I would go mini Ormala. I think that is a bit more structured than the Chiara and while the Chiara is cute, I like the more formal vibe of the mini Ormala. I think you can dress it down or dress up with it. That is why I really like it. I think the mini is similar to the dimensions of the LM Midi. (Which is a great bag, btw. I want to add a LM to my three BE bags too at one point).

For purples, I don't know if there are any really soft or tinted ones, hopefully Ignacio can help w/ that b/c purple is not my color family.

Welcome!!!! Great choices. I love both, too. Of the two, with the purple leather you chose (I love purple), I'd go Mini Ormala. The Chiarra, to me, is more of a soft leather bag. The structure of the Ormala and the leather you selected are really made for each other.

So fun, eh? Welcome to the Ignes party!!

Totally offtopic, but love your equine baby. Horse or pony?

In my signature is Cocoa, a 10 year old mini horse. She's a doll!! In my avatar is my 4 year old mare (full size horse). They both are incredible animals!!

Back on topic... Thanks everyone for your advice and thoughts! The hardest part is going to be patience! LOL!

Yay welcome to the Ignes fold!! I am flattered that you like my mini Ormala - I think you will love the purple! Is is such a great leather. Keep us updated on which you decide on! I don't think you can go wrong with either style, and the suede lining sounds perfect. :tup:

hi, tlloveshim! The mini Ormala is my favorite Ignes style, and I love my full size Chiara as well. My Chiara is tinted chocolate so it's a smooshy bag, while my mini O is a structured leather, the crinkled wine patent. Gorgey!!

I adore greenpixie's purple mini O as well. A lot of us Ignes girls have gotten into BE and vice versa, so welcome to the Ignes/BE fan club!!

No way!! A mini horse! That is awesome. I had horses growing up, and love those creatures like no other. But a miniature horse, I am soooo jealous! Funny how your mare and the mini have similar markings.

sorry! back to bags~

No way!! A mini horse! That is awesome. I had horses growing up, and love those creatures like no other. But a miniature horse, I am soooo jealous! Funny how your mare and the mini have similar markings.

sorry! back to bags~

Yes, horses are so incredible! So intelligent and awesome to watch! I love their gracefulness and power!

Back on topic! I need help! I am going to get a BE Love Me Midi in purple instead but still want an Ignes bag!! What colors does the smooshy tinted leather come in? I have choco matte, a tan matte, yellow sheen, wine pebbled glossy and purple matte BEs. I am a brown bag girl at heart. I love the Love Me Midi most of all; I need a bag that is 1/2 smoosy and 1/2 structured! A total puddle is not good for me. I love them in theory but not in reality!! So, what suggestions to you have for me? I really love the tinted chocolate but does anyone know if it's too close to BE's matte chocolate? Thank you! You all have been great!

The smooshy tinted leather comes in chocolate, wine and tinted blue. Youa also have the leather of Mr puddles, that is smooshy and a litle thicker that the tinted leathers, and the forrest green.
For MiniOrmala I would recommend a more sturdy leather, to keep the shape of the bag.