serial dater pics-- what do you think? :P

pgtea

^____^
Jan 8, 2009
hi ladies! sorry for starting a new thread-- i just put one up for pics, since no one else has the Serial Dater yet....i'm not sure if i want to keep her! what do you guys think?

i love the pink, but when i got it, i didn't fall in love immediately with it :T the way the pockets are placed makes me think of someone's bum sitting down, with the pockets= pants' pockets, hahaa

i'm giving it a few days and then i'll return her for something else? i'm waiting on a Boogie delivery tomorrow i want to compare sizes! it'll be my first Boogie, too! yayyyyyy!!!

pink lemonade SD....

with stuffing and flat. and me modeling with it. looks huge when flat, but since it's wide and long, it compensates for the 2" depth with a great slouch...

P1020428.jpg

P1020427.jpg

then here it is, filled with my jumbo purse-to-go and a few things...next to my pink lemonade Chicklit! that's a cellphone cover, the penguin-thing, btw -_-

P1020433.jpg

filled, but from the side. i didn't fill it up all the way, and i held it up so it had an odd slouch just in this photo-- jutting out at the top but it does slouch beautifully!

P1020445.jpg

me holding it, filled up (me + room = eternally messy in appearance, haha)

P1020440.jpg

handle! which is soft and thin , but sturdy! so it's already broken in, it seems

P1020430.jpg

inside, plenty of room, and holds my jumbo purse-to-go beautifully, with room around it for some other things (two makeup bags and two little stuffed toys i always carry, from my bf, haha)

P1020446.jpg

the outer zip pockets hold my keys and can hold other things! they're deeper than i'd expected, and can fit my cellphone [w/cover on] without bulging weirdly! my penguin cover with cellphone inside measures almost 3 inches wide , btw

P1020432.jpg

Last edited:
I love it! It's a good size too, especially since you're so teeny! I especially love this one in Pink Lemonade. If I were you, I'd keep it until you get your Boogie because Boogies are like pringles, once you pop you can't stop ha! I always love your pics too btw:tup:

aww thanks !! it seriously looks huge but when it's filled a bit more, it loses its width!
im going to keep it until my first boogie comes tomorrow! hahaha boogies = msg
i love pringles...mm sour cream 'n onion

You know, I wasn't sure if I would like this or not but I actually think it's really cute. I think I would probably buy one myself. I especially like it in the pink lemonade and I think it would look cute in the green apple too!

yay! i feel a little better with some positive reviews from you guys, but i know i need to fall in love with the bag myself ^_^ maybe i'll give it the weekend instead of shipping her off tomorrow-- the stones rep, katie, said it was totally cool to hold the SD for a little in order to decide. i posted some of the green apple that the shopshebang rep took for me, in the other serial dater thread, musicgirl!

knas: yes! the shopshebang pic made it look tantalizingly large (i love big bags!) but then, to me, weird in shape, but it totally has a super-slouch, almost triangular or trapezoidal haha like Gw when hanging from one's shoulder! now , i await my boogie and i hope i like her shape!

yay thanks voo! :biggrin: it does fold nicely with stuff in it! though it reallyreallyreally sucks to end up returning./exchanging and waiting for the exchange, grr....i think i'll take her out a few times during the weekend (scared the kitties will get to her if i leave her out) and decide!

my cellphone flips open and also sideways for texting (except the keys are so tiny i mis-type often, grrr) so the penguin cover is an annoyance cuz i have to take it off if i text sideways, but i'm leaving it on after my first (and i hope last) phone-in-toilet mishap! pengy should offer a few extra seconds of protection in the water!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I totally love pink lemonade. However, I think you can do better! I think it looks a smidgen awkward on you (pic when it's on your shoulder) and I'm not sure how I feel about the trim on the pockets on this one... HMMM! A conundrum indeed! It's super cute with that scarf you have on though, and I love how it looks when you're holding it and it seems a bit more slouchy.. maybe it's just too stiff in the other one? I don't know! The pink looks AMAZING on you though!

it was last month, on a friday...dropped it in, and fished it out quickly (water was "clean" or flushed, hahaaa ahhhh >_<) tried turning it on (dont do this! take battery out asap so no short-circuiting!) and it didn't turn on except for the vibrate function and it vibrated like it was going to blow up... took out the battery upon friend's recommendation after holding it for 3 sec going "whatdoidowhatwhathelpwhatdoido" then left it with battery out to dry.

saturday morning, i turned it on, and some function was regained but if i went to check menus like calls or messages it'd switch back to the home screen. so after a daytrip, saturday afternoon, i googled the heck out of it. popular science mag said to leave the parts in a bowl of uncooked white rice overnight but i didnt have that, so i googled a bit more on "drying agent" and "desiccant" and stumbled upon some, shall we say, sites encouraging recreational consumption of fungi and preparation of the stuff.... (i've never done that stuff, btw!!) but i ended up finding out about baking epsom salt for an hour for 400-450 degF and breaking it up, and lying my phone parts on top of the salt bed in a sealed tupperware. phone was perfectly good as new, sunday morning, and i'deven forgotten to take out my sim card until saturday afternoon! also sprinkled a few packs of silica gel from shoe boxes i found, on the salt!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I totally love pink lemonade. However, I think you can do better! I think it looks a smidgen awkward on you (pic when it's on your shoulder) and I'm not sure how I feel about the trim on the pockets on this one... HMMM! A conundrum indeed! It's super cute with that scarf you have on though, and I love how it looks when you're holding it and it seems a bit more slouchy.. maybe it's just too stiff in the other one? I don't know! The pink looks AMAZING on you though!

thanks tk! :biggrin::biggrin: ahahah musing aloud in CAPS ;D;D i love the pink lemonade too! :o( thats why id be sad to part with it, even though id get something else in pink lemonade, then?! it's just the waiting in between return/processing/exchange.. :Push: it looks jumbo and 2-D on me in that side -view pic because it's just stuffed a bit with paper but then it's slouching a ton in the face-forward pic since i'm holdin git up like that? maybe i should fill it up with ALL of my stuff and take a look in the mirror with it on my shoulder?! i have no clue.......waah!

it was last month, on a friday...dropped it in, and fished it out quickly (water was "clean" or flushed, hahaaa ahhhh >_<) tried turning it on (dont do this! take battery out asap so no short-circuiting!) and it didn't turn on except for the vibrate function and it vibrated like it was going to blow up... took out the battery upon friend's recommendation after holding it for 3 sec going "whatdoidowhatwhathelpwhatdoido" then left it with battery out to dry.

saturday morning, i turned it on, and some function was regained but if i went to check menus like calls or messages it'd switch back to the home screen. so after a daytrip, saturday afternoon, i googled the heck out of it. popular science mag said to leave the parts in a bowl of uncooked white rice overnight but i didnt have that, so i googled a bit more on "drying agent" and "desiccant" and stumbled upon some, shall we say, sites encouraging recreational consumption of fungi and preparation of the stuff.... (i've never done that stuff, btw!!) but i ended up finding out about baking epsom salt for an hour for 400-450 degF and breaking it up, and lying my phone parts on top of the salt bed in a sealed tupperware. phone was perfectly good as new, sunday morning, and i'deven forgotten to take out my sim card until saturday afternoon! also sprinkled a few packs of silica gel from shoe boxes i found, on the salt!

WOW! I'd heard of the rice trick but not the epsom salt! Good new info to have!!!! :tup:

And...clean water or not I still would have spread hand sanitizer all over that phone. Twice. hahaha (but that's just germ-o-phobic me)

it works so well! yay
i did it with this weird vicks triclosan-based hand sanitizer foam i carry in my bag (it's in that purse -to-go somewhere)...i didnt want to leave ecoli on my ear and cheek >_< ewwwwhh