Sometimes feel like ebay is out to get me - another listing cancelled!

ILoveMyBug

Oooh sparkly!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2006
I had a wallet listed on ebay, started it a few days ago and there were bids.

So today I had the idea that maybe I should put in that it is listed elsewhere (because it is). I tried to find info in the ebay rules but couldn't, so I thought I'd see if anyone else put it in their listings. They had, so I amended mine.

A couple of hours later mine gets pulled, yet theirs are still there! :cursing:

I just sent this back to ebay "Why is it allowed here then? On several of their listings??????????
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-DKNY-LOWRISE-HIPSTER-ESTER-JEANS-Size-26W-34L_W0QQitemZ260128977298QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Clothing?hash=item260128977298&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1701|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318 "

I'm not expecting an answer :rolleyes:

was that the reason that eBay gave when they emailed you to say they'd pulled your listing?
I have seen it on countless listings where the seller states that the item is advertised else where.

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]We appreciate that you chose eBay to list your auction-style listing(s). However, we have removed your listing because it breached our Inappropriate Seller Terms policy. We notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has been canceled.

Why did we remove your listing?

Your listing(s) contains the following information:

this item is listed for sale elsewhere so I reserve the right to cancel this listing should it sell elsewhere.

Any terms that contradict the eBay User Agreement or that inadvertently breach eBay listing policies are not permitted in listings. The eBay User Agreement states that you may not fail to deliver items purchased from you, unless the buyer fails to meet the listing terms, or you cannot authenticate the buyer's identity.

I pointed out that how could I fail to deliver when my reserve hadn't even been met? I've relisted, since I need the money, but I've had to pay the full amount again.
[/FONT]

I have also had listings pulled as I also stated that my item was advertised elsewhere. Because it was, so just tried to be honest.
eBay are control freaks and have sooooo many rules and regs. If they spent their time a little more wisely by dealing with the major issues of scamming/frauds and fakes that would serve their little community better...!!
Grrrr :cursing:

OK, I am either tired or missing it. Can someone clyue me in. I see a link to her ebay store. That's it. Maybe I am tired from waiting in a dr's office half the morning with my mom.

I can kinda see why they'd frown on it being listed elsewhere or you saying that. After all what's going to stop someone listing it on e bay, saying its listed elsewhere too and then have someone from e bay go to the other site, see it's cheaper (minus e bay fees) and get it there? Free advertising for a seller.

ps, we're both in Leeds. How bizarre. Haha! :wlae:

:choochoo: We'll have to hit the shops sometime!

Wow I would have never known they had a policy against this OP!
I seriously have lost count of the number of listings I've seen with that on!

That's what's so frustrating! There are still loads, yet mine gets pulled within hours.

OK, I am either tired or missing it. Can someone clyue me in. I see a link to her ebay store. That's it. Maybe I am tired from waiting in a dr's office half the morning with my mom.

That's not my auction, that's a random link I sent to ebay to show them how many other people state it in their auctions and get away with it. Hope you/your mum are ok!

I can kinda see why they'd frown on it being listed elsewhere or you saying that. After all what's going to stop someone listing it on e bay, saying its listed elsewhere too and then have someone from e bay go to the other site, see it's cheaper (minus e bay fees) and get it there? Free advertising for a seller.

I did half suspect I wouldn't be allowed it, which is why I checked other people's listings. I won't be doing that again! :Push: