Shoe dustcovers... do you use them?

ivylouwho

Handbag Connoisseur!
O.G.
Jun 30, 2007
I know there was a thread or two about whether or not we store our shoes in their boxes.... which I do... But my question is, do you use the dustcovers? :shrugs:

I'm newer into the shoe obsession. I've had my handbag addiction for years and I ALWAYS keep my bags in their covers. I don't store my shoes in the bags, but I feel like I should. I just lay them over the top of the shoes in their boxes, the way the usually come.

I put mine on the bottom and just have the tissue over them when storing.....but yes I do use the dust covers.....when traveling....when it is raining(I put them in my purse and use flip-flops)...so pretty much if I am not wearing them but taking them somewhere. :smile:

Yes I do, especially because I have a few patent leather pieces and don't want them to get scuffed. The dustbags are great for travel. No worries about getting the dirty bottoms on anything.

I use the dustbags just for travel or storage in my bag but never when they are in the shoe box. I think it's better for the leather to breath a little in the box and wrapping the tissue back round protects them and allows any moisture to evaporate quickly

I use the dustbags just for travel or storage in my bag but never when they are in the shoe box. I think it's better for the leather to breath a little in the box and wrapping the tissue back round protects them and allows any moisture to evaporate quickly

Thats exactly what I was thinking, Thanks!

Fluevog just started supplying dust covers last year, I keep all my Vog's in their boxes and the ones that have covers I place the cover over the tissue and under the shoes.

I have actually used my dust covers for other things though, my last trip I put my hair brushes in one. I've also used them to carry books that are going back to the library.

Yes if you have the box to store it in i don't think you need to use the dust covers. I use it for traveling or taking it to the office.

However, i won't use the dust cover on my python stuff.. scared of the friction peeling off the scales. so i only store it in boxes :smile: