Alright, I caved in! Introducing my FIRST BIRKIN Baby - Rouge Garance!!

tweetie

O.G.
Jul 23, 2006
I've realized that I just don't have the patience to wait for "the one" to appear in a store (LOL, likely in Buenos Aires, knowing my luck!) so I caved in and bought my first Birkin from the lovely reseller, lucyndskywdmnds. :flowers:

I think hell must have officially frozen over when DH okay'ed the marked-up price, but I can't complain... he loved the pics of Rouge Garance... funny, I never really realized how pretty the color was until I saw it next to the other reds! It's such a wearable bright red without the undertones!!

So introducing my new baby - :love: 35cm Rouge Garance Birkin in Clemence with PH :yahoo::jammin: :yahoo: (I'm thinking of naming her Ruby - is that silly or what?)

But you know what the bad news is??

DH won't let me get her/use her until MAY!!! Aargh!
She's supposed to be my treat for finishing residency and passing my boards (They aren't till the spring but I've pre-emptively bought her :shame: , so keep your fingers crossed that I do pass!) So she'll be waiting for me to use I get the official passing letter...

I'll be changing my signature to a countdown to pick-up day now!
I am now NO LONGER on the hunt for a Rouge Birkin!:yahoo:

Attachments

• H rgarancefront copy.jpg
    H rgarancefront copy.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 289
  • H rgaranceback copy.jpg
    H rgaranceback copy.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 126
  • H rgaranceside copy.jpg
    H rgaranceside copy.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 144
OMG!! You got Lucy's Birkin!! It's gorgeous!!! Congratulations, tweetie!! What a great reward for getting through your boards (it beats a carrot dangling on a stick!).

Woo hooooooo!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Congrates!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL! lucyndskywdmnds used to be a member here. Member ID was 24, F(OT)... Tweetie..how is she doing? She always posted alot of gorgeous and pretty pictures...

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!! IT IS STUNNING!!!!!:nuts: I LOVE that color! You are going to enjoy it so much! Congrats! This is VERY exciting, so beautiful!!!:yahoo: drool....:drool: :drool: :drool:

:drool: Absolutely STUNNING!!!! You must be thrilled to bits; I'm so happy for you! Surely between now & May you can take Ruby out (Great name!) & pat her & smell her & hold her a little? ;)

OH Tweetie! I had been eyeing Lucy's bag for a few weeks now---it's absolutely stunning. So glad you got it!!! :yahoo: You'll have to get yourself a Bearn for being able to resist using it until May! It is definitely a well-deserved treat for finishing your residency and passing your boards; you'e certainly got some good motivation now eh? Maybe DH will let you have it in front of you while you study! :nuts:

Hi all! Thanks for the good wishes - I've updated my signature now - yikes, 7 months?!

Yes, this is Lucy's Birkin - she had a 30cm Rouge Vif chevre that she SO'ed and I think they were too similar for her to justify keeping both, so when DH liked the new red, I figured I better go for it before he changed his mind since he's a bit of a PHH! :lol:

I remember Lucy (24, F) from here - she's so knowledgeable about Hermes and takes the best pictures... she's doing well. I hope she comes back too! If you're willing to pay a markup, she's an absolutely wonderful seller to work with and has great taste.

I think the Birkin will be a good motivator to study - it's nice when I'm doing practice questions on the computer and will take a peek during the breaks :graucho:

OH Tweetie! I had been eyeing Lucy's bag for a few weeks now---it's absolutely stunning. So glad you got it!!! :yahoo: You'll have to get yourself a Bearn for being able to resist using it until May! It is definitely a well-deserved treat for finishing your residency and passing your boards; you'e certainly got some good motivation now eh? Maybe DH will let you have it in front of you while you study! :nuts:

I have a Bearn already in Rouge H :love: ... hmmm, but I really like the Karo GM that some of you ladies have! I'm using an LV to organize my makeup right now inside my bags. I don't have an H store nearby, but will be travelling to one next month... a vert anis would really pop out against the reds if it's in stock!

TWEETIE!!!!!!

BIG FAT CONGRATS!!!!! I ADORE that Birkin!!!!!! I have been watching Lucy's auction for a while now, SOOOOOO glad someone here bought it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

What a GREAT day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!