Do you know the difference?

purselova34

Jan 15, 2006
When writing something do you know the difference between to and too? Or then and than? I'm just wondering because I was helping a friend edit her paper and she was all "I think you're the only person who remembers this stuff." I wonder how many people do remember? I'm guessing a lot here. No dumb bunnies here. :flowers:

Yay - i know...i loved English language/literature at school:yes:

'I was going to the Mall then Marie came with me and wanted the Chloe bag too':angel:

^
I thought about adding that to my post too. I think some people get confused, especially between "you're" and "your".

An episode from Friends comes to mind. Ross and Rachel were arguing about a letter she had written to him. He pointed out to her that she had mistaken "your" for "you're".

This is not a criticism: I'm just noticing the trend of spelling/grammar critique-themed threads have been very frequent as of late. I wonder why? Maybe because school is starting for some...?

the trick I always used as a kid and even now. Was if I could use the word also in the sentence, in place of 'to/too' if i was unsure, that told me that too was the word that I used. If it didn't fit it was to.

Yes I do know the difference. My theory is that grammar, spelling, and all that goes with it will continue to decline with so many people text-messaging, using all the abbreviations that are needed.