Please help me with korean website, it's VERY important!

Alice From Italy

Proud Member
O.G.
Jun 7, 2006
Hi ladies, today I am REALLY in the need of your help.
I have as hobby penpalling and I discovered that this website http://cafe.daum.net/jinipenpal gave my HOME address (I don't know where they found it!!!) to some people WITHOUT my permission and I want to complain and write an eamil. But I can't understand anything because the website is written in Korean!!! Could you please help me??? THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!!!!
Alice

WOw....thats scary...hope you get it worked out.

Go here: http://babelfish.yahoo.com/ and then where it says translate a web page, put in that url. It looks like a bunch of chat to me. At the bottom of the korean site, there is a link that says Cafe Customer Center and then a Cafe Support link from that site. Dont know if the main site would be responsible, but its worth a shot.

If for some reason the main site is also in korean, you can type what you need to type in english in the Yahoo site and then translate it to korean and just copy and paste the korean into the support email.

HTH!

Hi thank you! I forget to mention I've already done it and the problem is that they seem to require memebership to send the email plus the buttons are all like images and so babelfish can't translate them!

WOw....thats scary...hope you get it worked out.

Go here: http://babelfish.yahoo.com/ and then where it says translate a web page, put in that url. It looks like a bunch of chat to me. At the bottom of the korean site, there is a link that says Cafe Customer Center and then a Cafe Support link from that site. Dont know if the main site would be responsible, but its worth a shot.

If for some reason the main site is also in korean, you can type what you need to type in english in the Yahoo site and then translate it to korean and just copy and paste the korean into the support email.

HTH!

Hi, Alice!
Did you figure out?? I searched your name "alice" in that site!
I saw a post that someone mentioned about ur information.
I just joined that site and am waiting for changing my memebership level to post.
So if I can contact them, I will post again!

how did u discover your home address is posted in that website?

I received a letter from a girl and she told me she got my address thanks to a website. She wrote her email address, so I immidiately email her to know which website it was and she told me that website! She also said they gave my address to other 3 people but that I don't have to worry because my home address is not published on the website. What makes me angry is that they do it without my permission, it's true I am into penpalling BUT I want to choose myself the website where I request penpalling and I publish ONLY my email. Then I decide if give my home address or not... I am afraid it's a old penpal who gave my address to annoy me....

Hi, Alice!
Did you figure out?? I searched your name "alice" in that site!
I saw a post that someone mentioned about ur information.
I just joined that site and am waiting for changing my memebership level to post.
So if I can contact them, I will post again!

Hi Lylalee! Thank you so much! :tup: Is free or you had to pay for the website? Would you mind telling me which infos there are written? THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS:heart::heart::heart:

I read the post about you, but it was not written your personal informations, such as your address, your age, etc. It just contains your full name, country and preferences(I don't know how he/she got your preferences-dog, history....) Anyway, the website is free, and they gave your address to only 3 people. They will not give your address, cus they ruled that giving each person's address to only three people.
I sent a message for asking to delete post about you.
Don' worry :smile: I will post soon after I receive the answer from them!

They deleted the post! :biggrin: They asked me to say sorry, and they got your address from FB address book (I don't know what it is). I think it's like a address book of people who are interested in penpal. Anyway! It was my pleasure! I am a Korean, so I just felt sorry to you and embrassing. :shame:

You don't have to apologize it's not your faul! If they give away my email address I would consider the story in a different way but home address is something I want to choose whom to give or not.
Yes you're right about fb, they are named friendship booklets.

Thank you so much for all the help you provided to me, if you ever need some help with italian just contact me I'll more more more more than happy to help you!! :biggrin: