please tell me which 1 is better??

hello guys,i am new here..i am going to get myself a new bag in this august or december ..although i still have plenty of time,but i think it is better for me to start collecting info over here..i am planning to get myself a gucci or a burberry messanger bag..i wont buy leather bag cos i think it is very cruel,sorry no offense..i want a bag which has quality and look good on a 21 year old guy..yes i am a male not a female..i have no idea at all..i have 1 prada nylon sling or messanger bag which is very very user friendly and the quality is superd..but i wont consider prada again becos i feel like getting stg different..so which 1 is better??gucci or burberry??dont suggest me lv cos i am not that rich as i am still a student wahaha..i can only afford their wallet but haven get 1 yet..wahaha..thank you very much!!

Practically all the luxury brands integrate leather into the design of their handbags, as a detail or as a means of attaching straps/handles. (LV uses the vanchetta leather on their Monogram pieces; Gucci cow's leather on their signature bags; and Hermes...well their bags are pure leather.) The reason being leather gives the bag structure and allows handles/straps to be securely attached. Another reason is that it boosts the price that designers charge for canvas bags because the material costs more. You'll be hard pressed to find a designer bag with no leather. The Prada nylon bags, such as the one you mentioned that you have, are some of the only ones that I can think of with zero leather products.

Never the less, between the two aforementioned, you're better off getting a Gucci. Burberry has been having quality issues with their bags lately.

Practically all the luxury brands integrate leather into the design of their handbags, as a detail or as a means of attaching straps/handles. (LV uses the vanchetta leather on their Monogram pieces; Gucci cow's leather on their signature bags; and Hermes...well their bags are pure leather.) The reason being leather gives the bag structure and allows handles/straps to be securely attached. Another reason is that it boosts the price that designers charge for canvas bags because the material costs more. You'll be hard pressed to find a designer bag with no leather. The Prada nylon bags, such as the one you mentioned that you have, are some of the only ones that I can think of with zero leather products.

Never the less, between the two aforementioned, you're better off getting a Gucci. Burberry has been having quality issues with their bags lately.
haha..u are right..even prada nylon bags also have leather attach on it..i can only accept little use of leather on a bag,if the whole bag is made by leather,i will never consider it haha..i wander are there stg like cloth material or denim material 1..canvas also can..

I don't see what the difference is, whether the straps and handles are leather or whether the whole bag is. Do you wear leather shoes?
no..i dont wear leather shoes haha..i never wear leather shoes and i will not buy leather shoes too..it is a different feeling,but it is very hard to explain here..anyway i just dun like to use stg which fully made by leather..if it is only a part then it shouldnt be a problem for me..that is just my personal view..i have a very good relationship with animals..my dad has a farm and i keep a lot of animals over there like cow,dogs,goose,chicken etc...and in my house i keep fish dog and parrots...animals were just like my best friend..

I googled your question. Apparently Kate Spade makes a completely nonleather bag -http://www.petakids.com/cowsarecool.html. That site has a listing of places that don't use animal products.

And, before anyone says anything, I in no way intend to endorse PETA by posting that site. :smile: