Deciding on a Chanel bag

Megara

Sep 21, 2006
Hi everyone!

I'm a Chanel newbie ... I don't have anything Chanel unless you count makeup :smile: Anyway, I've decided that it's time I got a Chanel purse and what better an excuse than my birthday!

I think I'd like to get the Grand Shopper. I like the look of the Petit Shopper but I'm worried that it will look too small on me - I'm 5'6 but I usually wear 3" heels. Or would the It's going to be an everyday bag, even though I won't be bringing it to work. What's the difference between the different types of leather?

My friend also likes the look of the Diamond Stitch Calf tote. She thinks it's a little more dressy but I'm worried that it might be too small on me. Does anyone have the dimensions for that one? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Also do I have to be worried about accidentally purchasing a fake? I was reading in one of the other threads that sometimes people return fakes to stores?

Finally... I'm wondering how different the Canadian prices are from the US prices. I noticed that the prices here are mostly in US$. I'm just curious because the prices will determine which credit card I'll be using.

Any suggestions/info would be most appreciated!
TIA! :smile:

Do you mean this Grand Shopping Tote?
If so it's aperfect everyday bag for most of us. The chains dress it up, but teh caviar keeps it a little more casual, VERY practical bag.
It's made of caviar leather which is Chanel's most durable. Lambskin is their most delicate, not great for everyday use and there's also calfskin and goatskin, both are fine - more durable than lamskin.

I'm not sure what the 'Calf Tote' is {?}

Attachments

• DSCF1323.jpg
    DSCF1323.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCF1335.jpg
    DSCF1335.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 126
Do you mean this Grand Shopping Tote?
If so it's aperfect everyday bag for most of us. The chains dress it up, but teh caviar keeps it a little more casual, VERY practical bag.
It's made of caviar leather which is Chanel's most durable. Lambskin is their most delicate, not great for everyday use and there's also calfskin and goatskin, both are fine - more durable than lamskin.

I'm not sure what the 'Calf Tote' is {?}

You dont look like a Swanky Mama Of Three haha!. You are very much in shape and so THIN!! yikes, I love your kids though (assuming they are in your user pic haha)

Awww thank you!:heart: those are my twin boys!

Okay, that's a GREAT bag, except it's a little bulky under the arm IMO.
The calf means it's calfskin, nice and durable ;) but it could scratch a little as is teh nature of the finish in teh ligne.

Swanky is definitely SWANKY looking. I thought the Mom of Three was just a catchy phrase. Umm...but I guess you are the REAL HOT DEAL. :drool:

Megara: I was comtemplating the Petite Shopping Tote versus the Grande Shopping Tote as well. I have to say the Petite is cute but even I am 5'2" I find it small and can't use it for everyday bag as it holds fairly small amounts of things. Practicality wise, I would say Grande Shopping Tote. I opted for that too after being in the CHanel store for a good 45 mins deciding. Go to the store and try it out and see which one you would prefer. THe diamond stitch tote has a different look and is not as boxy as the Grande shopping tote but again it's based on preference. Hope that helps.

the diamond stitch comes in two sizes i belive, as you said it was too small.....

and you dont have to worry about the fakes...imo if the SA's couldnt tell a fake and an auth. by touching it or looking at it, she wouldnt have the job...

What are the measurements of the large diamond stitch tote? Does this bag also come in gold hardware? I've seen it in silver, but not gold.

Thanks ladies :smile:

:heart: thanks y'all!!!

I returned that bag because it had gold hardware and I couldn't bring myself to snip the tagas:sad:
I'll get the new black/silver soon I think.

Mon, I LOVE that bag so much!!!

Remind me of the retail?

$1,850 + tax, Amanda.

It's the only white one in the country though.

I like the black and red one as well.:yes: Here's the red one posted in the reference section:

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-reference-library/pictures-of-your-diamond-stitch-44180.html

attachment.php