the guilt is beginning to sink in...

shessica

Recovered Shopoholic
O.G.
Jan 30, 2009
soooooooooooooooooooooooo.....................

i've been feeling incredibly guilty for buying yet another bag tonight - a grape shopper. it was more or less a snap purchase to take advantage of a steal of a bargain (that ended tonight), but i wish i had given it more thought! i've even been thinking of emailing the site to cancel the order...:hrmm: i don't know if i really LOVE the idea of shopper (i dig its size, but not sure about the tassels), but more than anything, i've really just wanted to have a bag in purple but....why? that color is like an evil temptress, a siren singing me the lure of death... :death: i also feel some need to build a collection of varied styles and colors, but the idea of "collecting" anything is completely new to me! these bags are just so addicting! all the colors! the shapes! the hardware!! endless possibilities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko: will the perfect tano ever come, the one that makes the search for all others finally end?!?!?!

perhaps i'm being a tad over-dramatic...:amuse: and i know more than anything we're all fantastic at being enablers...but... :sos:.

Shessica, I think what you are feeling is normal when someone is new to a brand or sub-forum. Remember that while Tano does create a limited number of bags of a given style, they are always creating new styles and new colors for some of the existing styles... in other words if you have any doubts about a potential purchase "remember there will be another bus coming on the handbag bus route".

hth

shessica, if you think you are the first one to go berserk after discovering Tano, I have to tell you...NOT!!!!!! just about all of us did exactly what you did. It's an unexplained phenomenon here. And I hate to break the news to you, but this continues with each new release of bags (I think it's 4 times a year now if I remember correctly). All you can do is take a deep breath and try to gather your wits about you--the ladies here have talked me down more than once! Like baghag said, you can always return some (this coming from the official Return Queen on this forum). It will be hard, but when you take a step back and look at all you bought, you will make the right decision!

The colours mixed with a "good deal" are a lethal cocktail :smile: Don't sweat it, you will calm down! The bag CAN be returned if you don't need/like it...no harm done. But you are certainly not the first or last to go Tano nuts sweetie! You have bought some really nice bags-enjoy them!

"remember there will be another bus coming on the handbag bus route".

Words to live by! ;)
They're really hard to resist though!! I'm glad that I didn't find TPF until I had four Tanos already or else I'd be awash in handbags!! LOL. Bad enough I've bought three more since I joined up!! But I've resisted pulling the trigger on a lemon drop Every Stitch!! When I feel the urge to buy, I look at the upcoming styles here and drool over the smog color:
http://www.tanobag.com/bags.cfm?makebuy=B&season=B&syear=2009

Be strong!!
:boxing:
Joan

Don't have guilt!!!! How will you ever know what bag is perfect for your collection if you don't buy them and try it out?!?! My rule is I have to be completely in love to keep a bag. If I'm not completely in love the day will come where it just hangs and hangs and hangs in my closet....and it's not worth it. Enjoy playing with your bags and figuring out which ones you are in love with :P

Oh yes, I'm there too - don't worry. I've bought, returned, re-bought, jumped on great deals just because - like the Truffle Shopper I snagged last night, even though I knew I should be saving for the caramel bag I want so badly. Like the other ladies said, it happens when you first discover Tano, so you're not the first and you won't be the last. I know that makes me feel a little better about all of the bags I've bought since really getting into Tano.

I agree with everyone else. Keep in mind you don't have to keep anything. Sometimes it's better to just get it out of your system ya know? I'm sorry you feel guilty...I definitely know what it's like to discover a great new brand and go nutty.

thanks ladies for your words of encouragement and empathy! i do feel much better - i'm just gonna take in stride, i guess. and of course i can return it if i don't like it/need it/am threatened by my BF that he's going to move out. haha. i didn't think i was the only one who'd gone through such self-afflicted torture over the love of Tanos, but it sure is nice to have such a great support system - not only for when we WANT to buy but also when we don't think we SHOULD. :yes: i'm pretty sure i love this SF just as much, if not more, than Tano itself! :heart:

The colours mixed with a "good deal" are a lethal cocktail :smile: Don't sweat it, you will calm down! The bag CAN be returned if you don't need/like it...no harm done. But you are certainly not the first or last to go Tano nuts sweetie! You have bought some really nice bags-enjoy them!

Haha, I love how you phrased that!

thanks ladies for your words of encouragement and empathy! i do feel much better - i'm just gonna take in stride, i guess. and of course i can return it if i don't like it/need it/am threatened by my BF that he's going to move out. haha. i didn't think i was the only one who'd gone through such self-afflicted torture over the love of Tanos, but it sure is nice to have such a great support system - not only for when we WANT to buy but also when we don't think we SHOULD. :yes: i'm pretty sure i love this SF just as much, if not more, than Tano itself! :heart:

I'm pretty sure (ok, absolutely sure) that I totally agree with you!!! You ladies make enjoying my Tanos even MORE fun and this is my absolute favorite place on TPF! The tano SF is the only place where I read every post and every thread (luckily, it's still managable!) and I have enjoyed seeing this SF grow! :hugs: