Which is a better work tote - corcovado or Jinhee tote?

hhmua

Dec 30, 2008
I usually carry a laptop, papers, notebook, wallet, several pairs of classes, phone, and sometimes snacks :smile:. I can't decide which one I want to look for - they are both so beautiful! So - is there one that seems more functional? TIA

I usually carry a laptop, papers, notebook, wallet, several pairs of classes, phone, and sometimes snacks :smile:. I can't decide which one I want to look for - they are both so beautiful! So - is there one that seems more functional? TIA

Corcovado..more pockets...and compartments...adjustable size. Easier access to the insides too. I saw both IRL and compared..bought the Corcovado.. I use mine every time I need to go out..even as a handbag if I don't have to schlep too much around. I love mine. But remember it's my opinion..others may disagree..LOL.

Hands down... it is the Corcovado. I have both. The Jinhee is fine for carrying flatter items such as files, laptop and books. It is not great for rounder, thicker items like lunch bowls of salad, snacks, boxes, etc. The Corcovado is way deeper (almost 7" thick) wich lets you put large lunch bowls in broadways. Moreover, when you want to carry large items such as a big-monitor laptop, the turnlocks release to square the tote off at the top. What you end up with then is a carry bag that is like 17 x 13 x 6-7" (thick). HH sold it as only 4" thick. Way wrong. It is a deep, broad bag.

Also, what pockets there are on the outside of the Jinhee are stitched down the center to divide one large pocket into two smaller pockets which are slide-ins. The Corc's pockets all zip secure. I use the Jinhee on days when I want a neat, slender silhouette to carry a stack of files to a meeting.

Hands down... it is the Corcovado. I have both. The Jinhee is fine for carrying flatter items such as files, laptop and books. It is not great for rounder, thicker items like lunch bowls of salad, snacks, boxes, etc. The Corcovado is way deeper (almost 7" thick) wich lets you put large lunch bowls in broadways. Moreover, when you want to carry large items such as a big-monitor laptop, the turnlocks release to square the tote off at the top. What you end up with then is a carry bag that is like 17 x 13 x 6-7" (thick). HH sold it as only 4" thick. Way wrong. It is a deep, broad bag.

Also, what pockets there are on the outside of the Jinhee are stitched down the center to divide one large pocket into two smaller pockets which are slide-ins. The Corc's pockets all zip secure. I use the Jinhee on days when I want a neat, slender silhouette to carry a stack of files to a meeting.

In a nutshell..well said:woohoo:..ITA..;)

Gingey, I miss visiting with you. I will write soon. I am just finishing a 75-hour work week tonight. Catching short posts in between when no one is around. I have my first day off tomorrow and will visit longer.

Gingey, I miss visiting with you. I will write soon. I am just finishing a 75-hour work week tonight. Catching short posts in between when no one is around. I have my first day off tomorrow and will visit longer.

Awww RMcC..missed you to..not the place to post what's doing in my life..thanks for thinking of me..

OK..even though I already put in my two cents...now back on topic..CORCOVADO!:okay: It is the "transformer" of HH bags..Every time I use it..and depending on my "schlepping" needs I morph its size using the turnlocks..I can't believe how something so lightweight can hold so much..depending on how I pack it.

When I feel OK..and take it to work with students (I used to go from house to house..or teach multiple classes in the same school so I took a lot of books with me)..it holds (stacked one on top of the other with the biggest books on top) SAT and ACT workbooks, grammar texts, AP American and European history review books, regents review books, pencil case, colored chalk, my lunch (tupperware salad dome), a water bottle, flats (I wear boots to work but stand in flats) with room to spare at times. If I pack vertically, my daughter's laptop fits in and notebooks and textbooks too.

The inner pockets hold my wallet, a mini zip tote for receipts and change, PDA, small notebook planner, spare gum, sucking candy and no matter how it's packed I can access everything.

The front pockets hold my car keys, my housekeys (on an HH tassel) my cell phone, tissues, chewing gum, metro card, phone charger (in case my phone dies while I'm the classroom) with room to spareand I still haven't used the SIDE pockets.

Hope this helps..XOXO