Marmo with beige lining?

blugenie

Endless Summer
O.G.
Feb 23, 2006
Okay, I can't ask the personal shopper this because it's a discounted purchase :shame: - maybe this goes in the shopping thread, but it's really more of a style/color/season combo question....

Jomashop has this white/cream Veneta with the style/color code for Marmo, but they state the lining is beige.... I thought marmo was supposed to have periwinkle blue lining??

So I ordered one with the Valentine discount figuring with Jomashop's track record I'd either get a different shade of white with traditional beige lining, or marmo with blue - either would be okay at that price - but son of a gun if it's exactly what they said - Marmo color tag with a beige lining!! :shrugs:

Did Marmo get continued or re-released without the periwinkle blue lining? Everything about this bag says authentic, but the color/lining/tag combo has me baffled!

TIA! :flowers:

I've only seen periwinkle on marmo and I got it from Jomashop (roma). All the other "cream" bags show periwinkle lining. The bag actually looks whiter than the others...but you said the color code wa in fact marmo?

Last edited:
I am not aware of one, but this may have been produced for another market. If everything else says authentic, then it is. Or, if you do not feel comfortable, can you return it?

I've only seen periwinkle on marmo and I got it from Jomashop (roma). All the other "cream" bags show periwinkle lining. The bag actually looks whiter than the others...but you said the color code wa in fact marmo?

Yes, the color code is for marmo... isn't that bizarre?! The bag I received is definitely on the eggshell/marmo side rather than creamy like the web pic.

Baggiana, very good point - I didn't think that it may be stock that was intended for a different market/country... I've heard of colors not being avail in all places but never thought linings might vary.

I'll have to give this odd bag some thought... while I'd love to have a white/light Veneta (a woman with no fear! LOL) I'd hate for authenticity to be an issue down the line if I change my mind and go to sell it.... gosh, I was sure hoping Joma had mixed up there listings again and sent me one with periwinkle lining by mistake! ;)

oops just realized you actually received the bag with beige lining. Sorry I must not have been paying attention when I replied. Is it possible for you to contact BV and ask them if Marmo was indeed ever made with beige lining?