BTW- did you know there are small USPS flat-rate boxes now?

coachfreak

Looking for LVOE
Oct 27, 2007
I was in the P.O. today and noticed there is now a smaller flat-rate box.

I just looked it up, it is only $4.95 and from what I saw today a wristlet, small wallet, or other accessory would fit.

That is a good deal for shipping and a free box. More sturdy than a flat-rate envelope.

I use the flat rate boxes quite often when mailing packages, especially during the holidays. They come in different sizes. If you go to USPS.com you can order the boxes for free, and USPS will deliver them to your home. Other mailing supplies are also available for free/delivered to home. Also, if you print our the mailling labels online, it will include the tracking number/delivery confirmation for free, and the flat rate is discounted as well.

I finally saw them too. The cardboard is a bit thinner than the other small box, but it seems like it'd be ok for something small but heavy. But for the price, First Class w/ DC still beats that rate (if it's not very heavy).

They aren't on Paypal yet as a shipping option and it drives me crazy because I could have already used one.

I've used it as an option on paypal. Last year, I sold an LV strap. The LV box that I placed the strap in fit perfectly inside the flat rate box, which is what I use to ship the item. I shipped it by using the paypal shipping option. Wonder if they've change it???