Huh? How to add "Instant Payment Required" to Auction?

FALLAX COR

Members Only
Jun 5, 2007
I've seen other auctions that are "Buy It Now" that require the winner to pay immediately. I set up an auction as a "Buy It Now" recently, but I didn't see the "Require Instant Payment" option.

Now the listing is up, but I want to revise it and add the instant payment requirement. How do I do this? What section is it under on the Revise Listing page?

TIA~

Hi there,
It should be with the Paypal info.
Next to your Paypal details it should give you a box to tick that says...
'Require immediate payment when buyer uses Buy It Now'
Just tick this box and tada!! It's done.
:smile:

Thanks Fraggle!

But no, I don't see that on my Edit Listing Page. All I can do is "Add or Remove Options" like accept ProPay or Payment on Pickup. Could it be because I imported the listing through Auctiva?

It should still not be a problem even if the listing was imported from Auctiva. I do it all the time. Was the listing just up? or are there any bids yet? If there are bids, you won't be able to edit the listing anymore.

I forgot to check myself...AGAIN! But someone at ebay just told me that if you have the auction option along with a choice to BIN, then you can't insist on the instant payment with the BIN.

I forgot to check myself...AGAIN! But someone at ebay just told me that if you have the auction option along with a choice to BIN, then you can't insist on the instant payment with the BIN.

Okay...the above post is incorrect. It turns out that the way you get the little box to check for "Instant Payment Required," is to click on the options (by the "Payments accepted,") and choose "PayPal Only."

Leave it to PayPal and Ebay to take advantage of every little convenience offered to sellers. :sad:

It should still not be a problem even if the listing was imported from Auctiva. I do it all the time. Was the listing just up? or are there any bids yet? If there are bids, you won't be able to edit the listing anymore.

No, the listing was not just up, nor did I have any bids!

I set it up like this. Starting price, 199.99 and Buy it Now price $210.00. I ONLY accept PayPal as a method of payment, so I covered that part--but I still don't have the option to Require Immediate Payment.

I set it up like this. Starting price, 199.99 and Buy it Now price $210.00. I ONLY accept PayPal as a method of payment, so I covered that part--but I still don't have the option to Require Immediate Payment.

At the top of the section that includes the PayPal Logo, within the colored frame, you should see: "Decide how you'd like to be paid Add or remove options | Get help"

When you click on the "Add or remove options," one of the choices will be "Use PayPal for BIN and require immediate payment."

Hope that helps.

Go into your seller's preferences and/or the payment part when you list your item and you will see the option for immediate payment required for BIN. Think you also have to check the required to have a PP account. Else how could they do immediate payment, right?

For what it's worth....Now that I know how to activate the check box, I went in to revise and check it....and got the dreaded.."For everybody's safety....YOU HAVE RUN OUT OF LISTINGS FOR YOUR DESIGNER BAGS..BLAH BLAH BLAH..You can list again in 30 days..yada yada yada."

So my current listing was left up (thankfully) but immediate payment is still not required. :Push:

Last edited:
For what it's worth....Now that I know how to activate the check box, I went in to revise and check it....and got the dreaded.."For everybody's safety....YOU HAVE RUN OUT OF LISTINGS FOR YOUR DESIGNER BAGS..BLAH BLAH BLAH..You can list again in 30 days..yada yada yada."

So my current listing was left up (thankfully) but immediate payment is still not required. :Push:
Hi Conni. This really irks me. How many bags have you listed say in the last 30 days? I have heard every revise or relist counts as a listing for "designer item." But no one seems to know what the quota is. Just a damn shame, so sorry this happened to you. I am waiting for them to hit me with it -- not that I sell that much, but just know they will dun me at some point...they are making it so hard for the people who are honest and sell just so they can buy aother bag!! (And easy for the large volume scammers)