Food Do You Drink Your Veggies?

AAA07

True Gemini
Feb 29, 2008
Ok I like veggies - a little. I know they are good for you etc. but I can't seem to just buy them and eat them "as is" most require preparation. You know they aren't like fruit. So I find myself drinking V8 Fusion juice or Naked Superfood. Oh and at Costco the other day I picked up these little powder packets "Veggies To Go" that you can mix with water (which I don't recommend - tastes like grass!!) or with juice. Not bad. So it is better than nothing. I know I am not getting enough fiber but isn't that what whole wheat waffles are for? LOL

haha....

I do enjoy a nice glass of carrot juice once in awhile.
And for the record...tomato juice in your Bloody Mary doesn't count as a daily serving of veggies. (Although the "Spicy V8" makes an excellent Bloody Mary!)

Yes, I occasionally drink vegetable juice but they do not serve as a substitute for fresh vegetables. It can count as a serving, but whole vegetables have more nutritional value with their fiber, etc that you may not find in the juice. Plus juice has more sugar. Just make sure you eat some whole veggies, too!

I like carrot juice and sauerkraut juice. I tried reed beet juice but disliked it, because it was too sweet; I also tried a mixed vegetable juice that I disliked as well, because it contained tomato juice which I apparently dislike too.
I once pureed vegetables that weren't fresh but not rotten either and ate the puree. It was brownish grey (carrots and salad) and tasted weird. Lol.

I get a juice from our local health store called Vruit and it is delicious! It comes in different blends but the orange veggie and berry veggie blends are my favorites. They are loaded w/ veggies but taste like fresh fruit juice.