Swift lined in Swift VS Swift lined in Chèvre

trama turgo

O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
I am a lucky lady, my store managed to SO for me a Swift Birkin in Lagon just after summer 2008, when theorically the colour had already been discontinued. This SO is very important to me because I have been dying and craving every time I see that colour since it first appeared last summer, and I therefore can't stop jumping up and down when I think about my upcoming Lagon dream bag...

Okay, fine, great, super...:wlae:

The only thing is that a little cloud came over my sunny happyness today when my SA who just came back from Paris told me that the lining on my Lagon bag will be in Chèvre, instead of the Swift lining that I asked for.

I know it's a detail buuuuut....:confused1:

The reason why I asked for Swift inside the bag is that I already own a Birkin 30 in Swift Vert Anis wich came lined in Swift and I really really like the softness, the velvety touch of that lining. I also like the slouchy and soft overall look of my Vert anis baby, so having to give up the Swift inside + Swift outside option, is kind of annoying.

For this reason I am asking...:tender:

Do any of you own Swift bags lined both in Swift and in Chèvre and what difference do they find between the overall aspect of the two bags? Slouchyness? Softness?

To those of you who own Swift bags lined in Chèvre is the inside stiff? If you have pics, inside and outside, could you please post them, and if it happened to be a Birkin 30 that would be great!

I am also open to any discussions on the Swift vs Chèvre lining debate so please post you opinions.

Just for fun I include pics of my Vert Anis Swift birkin 30cm so that you can see the lining that's inside.:jammin:

Attachments

• birkin 30cm swift vert anis 6 resized.jpg
    birkin 30cm swift vert anis 6 resized.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 491
  • birkin 30cm swift vert anis 5 resized.jpg
    birkin 30cm swift vert anis 5 resized.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 466
  • birkin 30cm swift vert anis 8 resized watermarked.JPG
    birkin 30cm swift vert anis 8 resized watermarked.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 396
  • birkin 30cm swift vert anis 3 resized watermarked.JPG
    birkin 30cm swift vert anis 3 resized watermarked.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 443
  • birkin 30cm swift vert anis 4 resized.jpg
    birkin 30cm swift vert anis 4 resized.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Nice to see you back my dear Shura:heart:, hehehe!!!!!

I have no idea what Chèvre lining is like, since my Swift is lined in Swift, but I agree with you that it's lovely and velvety and smooshy......

I don't have personal experience here as I don't prefer swift for Birkins, but I would definitely take a chevre lining over a swift lining, to help the bag keep its shape...also, I think that chevre is likely to be more durable for a lining than swift. But for me the main downside to swift is its lack of structure...so a chevre lining would help mitigate that.
Oh and congrats on the SO!

Duna:heart::hugs: It's so nice to se you!
I know, I know, I have been awfully busy, I am doing two jobs, and I have had very little time for myself.

I am so jeaous about your Swift lining hehehehe!

The lining you have on all your other bags is probably chèvre wich is the leather H uses for lining by default. It shows the wrinkles of regular chèvres that you see as oustside leathers on bags, they only appear to be smaller and more flat.

^^^ Yes, sorry, I meant I don't know what Chèvre lining is like on a Swift bag: all my other bags have Chèvre, as you say, it's the general lining for almost all leathers. I'm really curious to know what it's like on Swift bags. I hope someone can answer you questions!!

My 35cm is swift with swift , i love the softness but I think that chevre would be a better option. Since my bag is larger (35) and 3 years old it almost collapses to one big lump when not being held. I actually have to keep a Purse organizer in it to make it keep some sort of shape. Another plus, swift on swift is heavy and chevre might help to lighten the load.

I think you will love it!!!!

Just for fun I include pics of my Vert Anis Swift birkin 30cm so that you can see the lining that's inside.:jammin:

Hi, trama turgo. Off topic: Saw the photo of your Vert Anis swift Birkin where the handles are wrapped with a scarf. Just thought it's a very good way of preventing the handles from darkening. You did the tying of the scarf so well. Would you mind sharing how you did it? Thanks in advance!

My Swift is lined with Swift (and I LOVE it). My other Birkins are Clemence lined with Chevre. The Chevre is working out well, too. But they do not have the same look and feel. Good luck!

TT, so good to 'see' you.

I don't own a Swift Birkin but I have heard feedback from customers through the SAs of my H store that the swift lining was an issue with many customers, because it's too souple. Especially in bigger bags like the 35cm, the whole bag collapses into a heap. I don't know for a fact, but I suspect Hermes decided to replace the lining with chevre to give it more shape, as said by dear Pepper.

I don't have personal experience here as I don't prefer swift for Birkins, but I would definitely take a chevre lining over a swift lining, to help the bag keep its shape...also, I think that chevre is likely to be more durable for a lining than swift. But for me the main downside to swift is its lack of structure...so a chevre lining would help mitigate that.
Oh and congrats on the SO!

ITA.

Makes me drool and think about luscious swift again... :girlsigh:

hi trama,

you are one lucky lady indeed! think of it, one in swift and one in chevre, both equally beautiful and slightly different functionally. i do understand your feelings towards swift, i love it too..but no swift birkin yet. i would love to be in your shoes with your dilemma.

i really think you'll love this one, H probably has put a lot of thot into it, not likely it will be worse. cannot wait for it to arrive, we'll have to have a reveal!

TT, so good to 'see' you.

I don't own a Swift Birkin but I have heard feedback from customers through the SAs of my H store that the swift lining was an issue with many customers, because it's too souple. Especially in bigger bags like the 35cm, the whole bag collapses into a heap. I don't know for a fact, but I suspect Hermes decided to replace the lining with chevre to give it more shape, as said by dear Pepper.

Hi!:cutesy:

Thanks for the info, that makes sense. I was hoping I could put my hands on a fully collapsable bag :love:, never mind, I will make do. Anything for my beloved lagon birkin ;)

hi trama,

you are one lucky lady indeed! think of it, one in swift and one in chevre, both equally beautiful and slightly different functionally. i do understand your feelings towards swift, i love it too..but no swift birkin yet. i would love to be in your shoes with your dilemma.

i really think you'll love this one, H probably has put a lot of thot into it, not likely it will be worse. cannot wait for it to arrive, we'll have to have a reveal!

Of course Galileo!
Thanks for your nice words :smile: