The Hip Chick- what is this? I thought theses weren't available anymore

I would definitely ask if this BBW is a current re-cut, or the one from '08? If its the current re-cut then it will have the shorter tassels. And yes, I for one was not impressed with their c.s.

Ugh, theyre so shady! I called them to ask about the bag and whoever picked up was so sugary nice when I told her I wanted to buy the bag. However, as I was talking to her I realized that this is the CURRENT version of the MAB BBW out (w/ the shorter tassels/mixed hardware) and NOT the old LL bag or even the re-cut. As soon as I realized this, I told her I'm not interested anymore and she got all snippy and *****y with me. WTF? They're so awful.

Isn't it false advertising what they're doing? Whats wrong w/ them that they use old photos that aren't even applicable to their current bags? I mean, all she has to do is look at the bag in stock and compare it to the online photo to see that its not the same. GRRR!

Yeah, I wouldn't trust any of the Hip Chick photos. They sometimes show photos w/ different hardware, different color, etc. I remember they had the dark brown nikki up last fall and had the pic of Hilary Duff w/ her chocolate nikki up, claiming the dark brown nikki was what Hilary Duff was carrying. They're simply not very knowledgeable about RM and don't understand it's important to show accurate photos.

Has anyone purchased RMs from The Hip Chick and had a good (or at least, not completely atrocious) experience to report?

From this thread and an older one ("Just received MAB BBW from Hip Chip and am super pissed"), it seems like their CS sucks and they have a tendency to misrepresent their products (wrong pictures, inaccurate descriptions, etc). However, does anyone have a satisfactory experience to relate, say, after emailing or calling them first to get further descriptions of their bags (to make sure that it's the one you want), and actually purchasing a bag after that?

They have something I'm looking for, and there's a 20% discount code right now to boot, so I'm still getting tempted even though I know about their poor CS. I've emailed them asking about some further details, as well as to verify that the code can be used. I think that covers my bases re: CS and misrepresentation, but... Does anyone have any further tips or experiences to share? TIA!

Has anyone purchased RMs from The Hip Chick and had a good (or at least, not completely atrocious) experience to report?

I got my CG Nikki from them, and it was delivered super fast (and super discounted) and everything went fine. But I didn't have to call them or anything before I placed the order. I didn't know about these CS stories before choosing to deal with them, I just saw my dream bag there...

I got my CG Nikki from them, and it was delivered super fast (and super discounted) and everything went fine. But I didn't have to call them or anything before I placed the order. I didn't know about these CS stories before choosing to deal with them, I just saw my dream bag there...

Thanks for your response! Hmm, I don't know if it's a good sign that they only seem to process orders smoothly when the customer doesn't have any queries... At least we now know that they're occasionally capable of fulfilling orders with no problem, though! Thanks again!

Ok, now I am really worried! I just placed an order with them ( I am not aware they were famous for bad CS!) I hope everything goes well with my order! I got the Iris Nikki, I hope they don't send me the NL by mistake! AArrgghhh!!! Will keep you guys posted!

I got great customer service from The Hip Chick when I bought my Blue Stonewash Nikki last year. Because I wasn't sure of the color of the bag in the picture, I bought the bag at night but chose an option so that I didn't have to pay right away. I called the next morning to verify the color. Since the bag was in a warehouse and not in the actual store, the SA told me that she would have it brought over to the store to make sure the color was what I wanted. In the meantime, I the SA a picture showing Leighton Meester with the bag. When she got the bag, the SA called me back to let me know that the bag was indeed the Blue Stonewash. At my request, she gave me the measurements of the bag when worn (since it is not as wide when actually worn) and gave me great descriptions of the leather and the color. She checked the bag for any issues and then allowed me to keep it on hold for another day so that I could make up my mind on whether or not to buy it. She was pleasant at all times and was very patient with me. The package came quickly, the bag was carefully wrapped, and there were no issues with the bag.

They are using the same pics and description of the recut BBW, however the ones that are for sale now are the new WOVEN styles, with mixed hardware and shorter tassels. The woven, and basketweave are practically the same.. different names for different seasons. The woven is new for Spring in the black BW, chocolate BW, and cream BW from what we've seen so far

Reactions: Haughty