Help me decide on Wyeth tote in black or cordovan

acnyc

Aug 8, 2008
Hi all
Hoping you can advise me...I need an all purpose work bag and am close to purchasing the Wyeth tote. Great size, carry two ways and nice looking. I can't decide though whether to go black or cordovan - price isn't signif different since the cordovan is only 5% off, so with the current 20% I could go either way. I'm wondering how dark the cordovan is IRL - if it is not very dark then I'd opt for black. The cordovan looks very dark on the HH site but some other pics I've seen of it look more like the brandy color. I don't hear anyone pining for this bag in black though...why not?
Thanks for any opinions!:smile:

Well, if you want a dark dark bag, then the black might work for you. I have the cordovan one and I absolutely love it. It can be dressed up or down, but I'm partial to brown tone bags since I wear a lot of clothes in that color range. If you want a more "business" bag, then I'd go for the black one. I've attached some pics of mine in natural light to help. This is the bag after a month of usage. It has gotten even softer! Hope I've helped somewhat!

jrsd3b.jpg

dfasfp.jpg

As much as I'm on an HH vintage/retro kick, I would *love* to get the Wyeth tote in eucalyptus someday. I love, love, love the bag! Ms. Lizardo has some great pics of her modeling it. I believe she said it was lighter in weight than the cordovan

My Wyeth is what I would call a very dark Cordovan. There is a lot of range and I guess you can't be sure where your bag will land on the spectrum. My Wyeth is about 4 shades darker than my corcovado in the same color. They are essentially two different colors.

My Wyeth is what I would call a very dark Cordovan. There is a lot of range and I guess you can't be sure where your bag will land on the spectrum. My Wyeth is about 4 shades darker than my corcovado in the same color. They are essentially two different colors.

Interesting! It would be awesome to see comparison pics of the two side by side... hint, hint :P:P

oooo I can't find Ms.Lizardo's eucalyptus pics--any idea where they are?? I would love t see more pics of this bag!!

You know, I'm not sure. I want to say it's one of the HH sale threads but there are so many of those and each thread is packed with posts. Maybe try PMing her???

I just realized that I hadn't addressed acnyc's original question. I think that a black Wyeth tote would be gorgeous, and appropriate in almost any business environment. It probably hasn't been getting a lot of "love" because the cordovan was a new color for fall '08, and we all (well, most of us) have black bags and are expanding our options. I have three black HH bags and each one of them is fabulous dark rich leather. I'm sure that the Wyeth is no different.