Overstock?

MJDaisy

OMFG.
O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
Hi ladies. I am getting a new ring for my 21st birthday in about 2 months. I want a blue topaz ring. All the jewelry on this forum is so gorgeous, but my budget is only around $300. I wanted one from Zales but after reading a thread with a whole bunch of horror stories, I have changed my mind. I was on Overstock.com and they have some nice looking ones...is overstock.com jewelry legit? Does anyone else have any suggestions? TIA

I have bought from them before (I am happy with my purchase), however, I would recommend that you buy your ring from an actual store like macy's or Tiffany's because then you can go home with the ring and you will get a better value for the money. Also, this way you can inspect your purchase before you buy it and you don't have the hassle of returning by mail.

I've been very happy with purchases I've made on Overstock (for jewelry and other items) and everything has come in great condition. I think the values were great as well.

I've purchased from there before and everything was fine.

You might not like the sound of the idea, but QVC is a great option (hassle free returns too). They have nice settings and stones- I've never been disappointed w/ a jewelry purchase from them. I think they are actually one of the largest jewelry retailers in the US.

I have bought from them before (I am happy with my purchase), however, I would recommend that you buy your ring from an actual store like macy's or Tiffany's because then you can go home with the ring and you will get a better value for the money. Also, this way you can inspect your purchase before you buy it and you don't have the hassle of returning by mail.

I disagree with your statement that she'll get a better value for the money, Tiffany's is great quality but overpriced and Macy's is okay quality and way overpriced unless you catch one of their sales and then just a little overpriced.... Here is a canary diamond necklace I got from overstock, it's 18K (very heavy/solid) white gold with yellow gold accent around the center yellow .45cts diamond and surrounded by about .20cts of white diamonds. I think all said and done this piece was well under $800 which IMO is a great price, much more than my money would go at Macy's or Tiffany's.....

Attachments

• 0216071048.jpg canary necklace.jpg
    0216071048.jpg canary necklace.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 138
I disagree with your statement that she'll get a better value for the money, Tiffany's is great quality but overpriced and Macy's is okay quality and way overpriced unless you catch one of their sales and then just a little overpriced.... Here is a canary diamond necklace I got from overstock, it's 18K (very heavy/solid) white gold with yellow gold accent around the center yellow .45cts diamond and surrounded by about .20cts of white diamonds. I think all said and done this piece was well under $800 which IMO is a great price, much more than my money would go at Macy's or Tiffany's.....

The store doesn't have to be specifically Macy's or Tiffany's, I was just throwing out some stores that tend to be popular on this forum. Most of the time, when you buy instore you do catch better sales on jewelry, the other factor that I was thinking is that you get to see in person exactly what you are buying.

Bumping this thread because I have a problem.. My hubby ordered a pair of earrings for me as a surprise for Valentine's. Now it is no longer a surprise. They were supposed to be here on early January, and the tracking number is showing that they are stuck somewhere in Germany. My hubby contacted Overstock and GLS (the courier company that Overstock uses in EU), Overstock is happy to refund or send another pair again. GLS is not responding.

We've had problems with GLS again, they delayed a parcel for 6 whole months!!! We declared the parcel as lost and it magically appeared after 6 months on our door.

My question is do we ask for refund, and get another pair locally? Do we ask for another pair from Overstock and risk getting another pair lost, or getting 2 pairs of earrings by some mirace? Do we wait until summer in case the earrings turn up?

I hate it that we had to pay a high shipping cost for a company that doesn't deliver...

Overstock's customer service is excellent by the way, it's the GLS I'm mad with.

I have bought a pair of platinum and pearl eurowire earrings, which I absolutely love from Overstock. However, It would help if you research and are completely aware of their return/ exchange policy and the time frame within which it is allowed, so that you can make an educated purchase. Also, read product details carefully. I don't remember how they mail the purchase and whether it is insured or not, so understand all that before you make the purchase.

Some like Ross-Simons as well...

Its about 200 more than your budget, but Costco.com has a gorgeous giant blue topaz in a setting similar to the Tiffany one for about 500.

Good luck!