Best sunglasses frame for small heads ....

forever_gucci

Feb 9, 2009
I'm after a new pair of gucci sunglasses...getting bored of my old ones as you do.

Not sure if this is an unfortunate feature or not but I have a small oval face. So I have to intentionally look for smaller-sized frames. This is one on my mind now as a potential purchase: (below). It fits my face perfect but I feel as though at times it might make me look as if I have bug eyes if I get caught wearing them at a certain angle.

I have a preference for the simple black frame sunglasses rather than the other ones. Anyone else with particular preferences when it comes to gucci sunglasses?

Attachments

• gucsunnew.jpg
    gucsunnew.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 333
I'm after a new pair of gucci sunglasses...getting bored of my old ones as you do.

Not sure if this is an unfortunate feature or not but I have a small oval face. So I have to intentionally look for smaller-sized frames. This is one on my mind now as a potential purchase: (below). It fits my face perfect but I feel as though at times it might make me look as if I have bug eyes if I get caught wearing them at a certain angle.

I have a preference for the simple black frame sunglasses rather than the other ones. Anyone else with particular preferences when it comes to gucci sunglasses?

Hi there!
Those look very pretty! good choice! I prefer black frame Gucci's for myself. My fav's are my Gucci 2900's that I bought last year. I also have some orchid colored ones..they arent 2900's but very similar..I cant for the life of me remember the frame style.

I dont think it's an unfortunate feature.:smile: I have a round full face so I have to buy bigger frames. Speaking of the bug look. I purchased some Diors for Xmas that are the GLossy 1s that really make me feel "buggy" looking! I'm waiting for spring to try out my Dior overshine 1 pinkies! :yahoo: Can you tell I have a sunglass addiction??? :graucho:

Let us know what you decide! ladybuggie

I think this is a very elegant and simple gucci sunglasses!! Besides, it is not that big frame.. so you should be fine with it!!

I like black frames too.. as it is easy to match!

I agree, the black framed glasses are very simple, they don't go out of fashion as fast as the other designs and they go with just about any look!! I also have another pair of gucci sunglasses that is very simple and a bit smaller than the one in the picture. Although they are both black frames, my older ones don't look as chic as these ones. It will be good to have both kinds I think..I don't know the model number of my old ones but will try and find out.

There's nothing wrong with being a sunglasses addict Ladybuggie!! :tup: I guess I'm talking to the right person about it!! You'll have to post some pic's of your Dior one's -they sound nice!!

I'm at the point where I need to make a few decisions as I have been wanting to get a few things i.e wallet, the above sunglasses and new optical eye glasses frames which will easily total to about $2,000 (Australian dollars). Maybe I can hold out on the wallet for now...

But I will let you all know what I decide and when. In the mean time I going to go back to the store and try those sunglasses on again.

Just found a picture...this is a picture of my current gucci sunglasses, if they are not the exact ones they look very similar to my current ones...very different to the one pictured above. I'm seriously considering an upgrade now :nuts:

Attachments

• mysun.jpg
    mysun.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 286
Just found a picture...this is a picture of my current gucci sunglasses, if they are not the exact ones they look very similar to my current ones...very different to the one pictured above. I'm seriously considering an upgrade now :nuts:

Ohh.. I have been looking for gucci sunglasses like these for ever.. I almost got one from SAKs.. but then the frame doesn't fit me... I need the large frame.. so I have to return it!!

I got this one instead. And all of my three gucci sunglasses

Attachments

• Handbags (48 of 77).jpg
    Handbags (48 of 77).jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 296
  • Handbags (46 of 77).jpg
    Handbags (46 of 77).jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 310
Ohh.. I have been looking for gucci sunglasses like these for ever.. I almost got one from SAKs.. but then the frame doesn't fit me... I need the large frame.. so I have to return it!!

Ooh very nice!!! Did SAKs refund your money or do they only provide and exchange or credit note? That's my worst nightmare in buying sunglasses, you like them at the store when you've tried them on, you think about them a lot and then you finally buy them and then go home and think 'should I have really got them' or 'i think they are too big now'. I guess its just a risk we take. But I'm really liking these ones...

Attachments

• gucsun.jpg
    gucsun.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 279
forever_gucci- I have some similiar ones to the sunglasses that you own in brown. I just recently purchased one similar to this link in black but the g's on the side don't have the crystals, they are just metal:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...000149cat000199cat2880735cat6170735cat8480739

I found them at nordstrom's rack for $89.99. I have a small face and I thought they looked nice, not overpowering, but not too small either. You should check out nordstrom's rack, last call neiman marcus, or off fifth outlets as they tend to carry gucci sunglasses at a discount.

forever_gucci- I have some similiar ones to the sunglasses that you own in brown. I just recently purchased one similar to this link in black but the g's on the side don't have the crystals, they are just metal:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...000149cat000199cat2880735cat6170735cat8480739

I found them at nordstrom's rack for $89.99. I have a small face and I thought they looked nice, not overpowering, but not too small either. You should check out nordstrom's rack, last call neiman marcus, or off fifth outlets as they tend to carry gucci sunglasses at a discount.

Thanks for that!! I don't live in the States unfortunately:crybaby:so I can't quiet get to Nordstrom. But I am going to the U.S later on in the year :nuts:
for a holiday so it will definately pay off to have a look then. $89 USD is great for a pair of Gucci's!!!!!!!! We don't have any discounted designer sunglasses (unless you go replica - no thank you) over here, we're stuck with a pair ranging from $340-$600 and thats in australian dollars!!

Thanks for that!! I don't live in the States unfortunately:crybaby:so I can't quiet get to Nordstrom. But I am going to the U.S later on in the year :nuts:
for a holiday so it will definately pay off to have a look then. $89 USD is great for a pair of Gucci's!!!!!!!! We don't have any discounted designer sunglasses (unless you go replica - no thank you) over here, we're stuck with a pair ranging from $340-$600 and thats in australian dollars!!

Save up the money that you would spend on one pair and buy multiple pairs on your trip here. :smile: I have not bought any sunglasses at full price- I always find them at a discount. I have bought Dolce and Gabanna, Prada, and Dior sunglasses in the outlets as well ranging from $80-$120.

Can I ask whats the model name of your sunglasses thats on the righthand side of the picture? Thanks.