35 Black Box GHW on Hold, HELP!

maddox

O.G.
May 19, 2007
Hello dear tpfers, I would so appreciate a little assistance with this tiny teeny matter... :confused1: The photo below is a collection of the birkins I have come to acquire thus far. I've got two black birkins, one in box phw and the other a clemence with ghw. Both 35cm. I also have one more on the way, I recently purchased another black 35 in gulliver with ghw. A black 35 box with ghw has been a bag on my list for awhile... the one with phw has kept me busy so far but I have always told myself that I would aqcuire one with ghw. Couple weeks ago, createursdeluxe had one listed but I let my sister have that one(she has just started collecting Birkins and so I thought I'd let her have the box first given that I had just very recently acquired the white and black clemence... then luxury-shops had one and zoopla scooped her up(super efficient zoopla, you go girl! :graucho:). NOW, its listed back on their site(I dont know if its the same one or another one is made available) but I've got it on hold....

Now I need to decide if I should go ahead and get this one or wait... Really.. 3 black birkins in 2 months?! *yikes... :Push: I know box wasn't available at podium and hasn't been in awhile. I will be heading to Paris in 3 weeks but I know I won't be so lucky to land a box, but what if I see another birkin in an actual color other than black??:sad: My only other grail bag is a rouge vif/vemillion box in a 30 with ghw but we know thats not really gonna come around anytime soon....

I could really use some help with deciding what to do! You ladies are such lovely level headed women who will ultimately steer me in the right direction and I would appreciate any advice and help offered :yes: TIA!
IMG_2550.jpg

My feeling is that you should pass because 1) although you don't have it in box, you already have the black w GHW combo 2) you have a very beautiful neutral collection, adding a color would be nice 3) it is hard to go to Paris and not picking up another bag especially since the inventory seem to be good these days

I have to ask this...is box your love?
I am guessing, YES.
If so, why don't you scoop it up, but let go of your 35 clemence with gold hw. The box could easily fill that void and you wouldn't be adding another black bag. KWIM?

Also, if you don't do that...ask yourself...when will you grab the clemence when you couldn't grab the box instead.

You know...one in and one out.

Another thing...looking at your collection...you don't seem to be about color. You seem more neutral.
Are you just in the mood to add color now?
What color would you get?

maddox: I don't know if I'm going to be much help here but you DO have a very nice collection! I'm a fan of having more than one bag in the same color if the hardware is different, as it gives it a totally different look. Also, since you already have a black birkin with GHW that's clemence, the box will look so much more formal/"dressed up.". The other option is to sell one of the other black birkins if it's an issue of too many/too soon.

If your grail item is a red box 30cm and you are going to Paris, you might find they'll let you place an SO for it.

Ultimately if you can afford to get the black box with GHW and not have it preclude you from getting another bag in Paris then I would go for it!

I would consider adding colour in there, or if you get the box ghw, move a black out. Oh, and you have a wonderful collection in such a short space of time!!! Congrats!!!!

Another thing...looking at your collection...you don't seem to be about color. You seem more neutral.
Are you just in the mood to add color now?
What color would you get?

KB, you are so good you could be a profiler lol. I AM a very neutral kinda girl. I don't really think I would get a birkin in a bright color. Maybe if I was offered etoupe or another white in swift, though etoupe is kind of similar to the gris, but etoupe with ghw would be nice. What do you think my chances are of being offered these options? Ahhh... I definitely LOVE box. It was my first birkin and I've always told myself that I would get it in black with ghw...

wingnut, , thanks for the nice comment :smile: ... I think the same when it comes to different kinds of leather in the same color! I love them all, its such a tough choice because they all have a different character to them, I can go crazy just tryng to decide! Maybe I could do without the clemence like KB suggested.. since box is more difficult to come by these days..

sammyjoe, thanks for the nice comment about my collection :tup: I'm still thinking about color because I'm sucha neutral kinda girl. My wardrobe consists of black and black and grey and more grey lol. The only color I can do seems to be red lol

You can do much more than red, I agree with the others, box is your love, so a black could be let go for something else, brown might be nice. Rouge H might be nice, BDP also.

I find that the leather can make one bag seem so very different from another even in the same color. My two are not the same color but still... they are soooo different from each other... one is Box and the other a soft, mushy Chevre. Even if they were the same color I really don't think I would feel like I was carrying the same bag.

I say go for the BBB with GH.

if that makes your heart sing, go for it maybe you can let go of another black on instead. And for the future maybe add some color to the collection could be a good way to go. Good luck in your decision making.

I own a 35cm Black Box Birkin with Palladium Hardware, a 35cm Black Gulliver Birkin with Gold Hardware and a 35cm Black Box Birkin with Gold Hardware...the BBB with gold is my absolute favorite and looks very different from the other two. I think you'd love it!!:yes: