What's in Your Mini Mabel bag?

I took a picture of mine with its contents when I did my reveal thread. At the time, lots of Mulberry girls were impressed with the capacity of a small Mabel. The secret, I think, is its big wide base - cute from the front, chunky from the side.
In mine:
Hard plastic cut to the size of the base so it won't sag, covered in Charles Jourdan scarf.
Bag hook inside 100 baht black leather case
Mobile phone
Furla wallet
Lambskin pouch with digital voice recorder, headphones inside
Eau de mer 2009 agenda
Ipod nano inside Furla robin pouch
Pens
Small notebook
Keys including work keys
Packet of Extra chewing gum
Clinique lip gloss
There's room to spare. I could, if I wanted, fit my little digital camera in.

ClaireL your reveal thread helped me to decide on mine - It's amazing what they hold ....On a recent day out I had Purse, phone, keys, diary, radley small case with make up in, packet of tissues, gloves and 2 nintendo ds' belonging to my boys, sunglasses case (chunky D&G one ) I think the key is the width and also the side outside pockets which are ideal for a phone and keys ....also think it needs to be full to keep it's lovely shape.

Did I really, Limitededition? Glad I could help. Those bags are so cute and really useful too. Is yours doing well? As promised, the leather really is scratching easily on mine, but it still looks adorable.

Did I really, Limitededition? Glad I could help. Those bags are so cute and really useful too. Is yours doing well? As promised, the leather really is scratching easily on mine, but it still looks adorable.

Yes - really I kept looking at your reveal pics and it convinced me that she wouldn't be too small. She is doing fine and not too scratched as I have babied her. My roxy A4 in the same leather has been thrown around and is looking nicely aged so I'm not too worried - the scratches seem to blend in - just love the antique leather ! :tup:

I'm pondering a mini fuschia mabel in the sale and this thread is very useful in trying to decide whether or not to purchase one! I can't quite believe how much stuff they fit in!
Do you guys use yours as an evening bag, or a day bag, or both? Also, how do you find carrying it with the little handles?

Ok thanks Salikons, yes i'm the same, i don't really go out much in the evenings. (at least, not anywhere that would warrant an 'evening bag'!)
I just wondered if it worked both ways, but i suppose it does. I'm just so used to carrying my Bayswater round in the day, not sure if i could cope with such a small bag!
I don't know whether to buy a mini mabel now, or save the money and buy a meduim mabel from the new collection, oh decisions, decisions!

Thats what I like about them. I also am used to carry my Bays for work, so it feels really luxourious to have a small bag, and I really enjoy how light and small it is, and that you still can fit in everything you need.

Most of the time we ladys seem to carry so much more stuff than we really need, so when you have gotten used to a minimabel you see that you don't really need so much stuff, and the most importnent you fit in easy.

Ok Heres my mini Mabel story......

I purchased Minf Mabel(fushia) from one shop and was umming and erring whether to keep it. Now although it was in the sale it wasn't imo such a good bargain.

I decided to phone another shop to find out that I could save forty pound basically if I bought it from them. So the next day I went and bought my Mabel from the cheaper store and took the more expensive Mabel back! It was literally a ten minute journey that cost hardly anything!
:wlae::jammin:

I'm pondering a mini fuschia mabel in the sale and this thread is very useful in trying to decide whether or not to purchase one! I can't quite believe how much stuff they fit in!
Do you guys use yours as an evening bag, or a day bag, or both? Also, how do you find carrying it with the little handles?

Hello blueglitter - I use mine almost every day. It was used first for evening, but daily use has ensured she is used to her full potential.
I think the style of bag looks more like a day bag and it's surprisingly roomy and sturdy. Buy it! You won't regret it, it's also a terribly cute bag.

Thanks ClaireL, i think i'll try and see one irl, hopefully, if i can find one now! It depends if Canopy have sold the one they had a couple of weeks ago, or if they're around in the outlets. But i do agree, they look so cute!