Question about VP fit and toes

linda83

O.G.
Aug 27, 2008
Hi ladies!

I just got my first pair of VPs off of ebay (wanted the gold rose ones, but kind of "accidently" bid on black satin :sweatdrop:). I love the way they look, but I've been totally obsessing about how they fit (funny how these shoes make you obsess... in so many ways!). I bought my simple size, and they fit okay (even some heel slippage on my left foot, which is slightly smaller than right), but I'm wondering if my toes are too long in comparison to the shoe! My big toe is basically flush with the tip of the shoe. I looked through the VP pics thread to compare, but I wanted to get some opinions on this topic (though I feel pretty silly asking :P).

In the future, should I size up half a size to get more toe clearance? Will the shoes still stay on me? I suppose it's nothing that pads couldn't fix... Thanks!

Personally I think it depends on your toes. My big toe is my longest toe, and mine are also right at the end. A larger size would have been too big. Can you post pics?

Pics of your description would be extra helpful.

By the sound of your description, I think it fits correctly. My big toe is my longest toe and it does go right to the edge. Heel slippage is a common occurence in this style, so going up a half size would only exacerbate that.

Well, my longest toe is my second one, next to the big toe, and I have really long toes and fingers to begin with, so I feel like I look kind of goofy in VPs because the longer second toe is obvious. In yoyos not so much because the third toe isn't showing like in the VP so it's not *quite* as obvious how long that toe is. Anyway, I just make sure the toenails are painted so that people notice the polish and not the extra -long toe (honestly, someone would probably never notice it unless they were really staring at my feel for a long time, lol)

First off, :useless:
Post pics! So we can verify that they fit you.

2391899782_4b577fd6fe.jpg

This is a side view of how my VPs fit me. You can see my big toe is pretty much flush with the edge of the tip. IMO this is normal. They "fit".

Thank you so much for all of the helpful replies, despite my not having posted pics! It sounds like I have the right size. They feel perhaps a tiny bit cramped in the toes, but I figure these aren't supposed to feel like slippers. I put some heel pads in, and my heel actually still slips on occasion! Do you ladies experience this much?

Here are pics (my left foot really looks like it's sliding forward in the top-down photo :Push:smile: -

top2.JPG
side2.JPG

my vps heel slip like they dont like me feet, then again i bought mine half a size bigger htan my tts. n the toe box is snug =S

I put foot petals in mine and heel grips then my feet dont slide forward and the heel doesnt slip as much.

Thank you so much for all of the helpful replies, despite my not having posted pics! It sounds like I have the right size. They feel perhaps a tiny bit cramped in the toes, but I figure these aren't supposed to feel like slippers. I put some heel pads in, and my heel actually still slips on occasion! Do you ladies experience this much?

Here are pics (my left foot really looks like it's sliding forward in the top-down photo :Push:smile: -

View attachment 673005
View attachment 673006

I think these look good on you. As far as the heel grips, that is exactly what happened to me, they cramped my toes a little and pushed them down...but my heels still slipped. I actually had a lot of slippage. But like I posted before, when I ripped out the heel pads the sticky film was left behind. That film has been keeping the shoes on my heels. I have worn them twice since...all day and it is still working great.

I think they look fine on you too. From the pics it doesn't look like your toes are hanging over the front at all. If you still feel like you're slipping, and there's still room, trying putting in foot petals.

Apparently, a long second toe is common. Spoke about it to someone who works in Physio over the Christmas break. Those of us with shorter second toes are rare.

That's what it seems like to me as well. My big toe is by far the biggest, and the following ones get progressively shorter. This is why I never wear peeptoes - they seem to be made for people whose first two or three three toes are almost equal in lengh.