Thinking of buying a mattie...need advice!

jc0812

Apr 22, 2008
Hi Ladies! I am building my RM collection and am thinking of adding a matinee. I currently own a MAM in noir, flatiron Nikki and MAC in harewood. The problem is, there are so many luscious leathers and colors out there! Based on checking out pics here on the forum, I really like the following colors: chocolate, eggplant, glazed almond, glazed espresso, wine.

Which color would you go for? What are my chances of finding these colors? I'm guessing I would have to stalk ebay, etc. for some of these colors. Are there any risks of buying a used one? Any other advice before I go on my search? TIA!

^^

What she said! Haha. I think most people will agree that wine is the way to go. Check out the photo of Vanessa Hudgens with her wine if you want to get a better idea. There might be a SO for a matinee in the shopping threads if I recall correctly.

I have 2 matties-wine and Glazed Expresso. Both are beautiful in my opinion and I would never get rid of either one. The glazed leathers are GORGEOUS, super durable and wear so well. If I had a choice for a third (or 4th), I would go with eggplant or Glazed Almond (eggplant is a fabulous leather, and GA is divine).

I have a glazed espresso Nikki, and I absolutely LOVE the glazed leathers! I think you should definitely look out for either Glazed Espresso or Glazed Almond for a matinee. Of course, wine is always a classic and incredibly durable leather too. It's difficult for me to pick just one color of mattie for you because all of the choices you've given us are beautiful in their own right and I'm fairly certain you'd love any of them!

Stalking eBay, ecrater, etc. tends to work well for colors that are more difficult to find (like the glazed leathers), so I would always keep checking these!

That GE looks great-ask for more pictures if you are unsure. I think it might have been there a while because...well who knows why. GE is a highly underrated leather. Most people dont love it until they have it in their hands and then they wonder why they ever doubted it! Plus it may be because the flaps are green-some people didnt like the green, but I presonally love the green (if you have earthy neutrals in your wardrobe, the green will work fabulously!)

^ITA with susan on every aspect about GE! It's most definitely an underrated leather for sure... until, like she said, you have your hands on it. I fell in love with it when I first saw pictures from our resident GE queen, Lynnia... and I knew from the moment I saw her pics that I had to find a GE Nikki.

It does compliment just about any color you could think of really. I wear my GE Nikki all the time. I wear a lot of blues, reds, and greens... but the richness of the GE brown, with the reddish undertones will go with any and everything you can imagine. I've even worn it with black actually. Still looks stunning as ever.

Hmm, the problem is I don't wear a lot earthy neutrals...mostly I wear cool colors like black, gray, purple, blue. It's just that the GE color appeals to me...it's so rich. Maybe based on what I wear, I should seek out wine or eggplant? Thoughts?