What is Buffle leather

Just came across this ...cant find much about it ...is it durable and is it heavy .
Any info is appreciated.
TIA

As you'd probably guessed, it is buffalo. It is durable and a little softer than Togo (not as slouchy as Clemence). It is a bit heavier that Togo though. I have a 35 Birkin, and it's self-lined in Buffalo Skipper, which makes it a bit heavier than one lined in Chevre. I do love mine though, and it's difficult lealther to find at this point.

Hoped this helped a little!

I have a le 72 coincase in buffle gala and it is very very durable, I use it constantly and it looks great! It it is shiny like box, but soft like swift.

I think buffle skipper is more grainy IIRC, buffle gala has very little grain, like box or swift.

Thanks lilyhermes ...did not realize it is in shortsupply ...does it get scratched easily?

You're most welcome. I think it's one of those leathers that comes in and out of Hermes' inventory depending on how many buffalo they've managed to wrangle, I guess.

No, I've noticed no scratching. I have rubbed a corner, but I seem to do that with any bag, so it wasn't the buffalo's fault. It was definitely mine.

Like lilyhermes, I also have a buffalo skipper birkin. I highly recommend it if you come across one. It's also the skin that "dalmation" colors are made with.

It's extremely hardy, large grained and virtually indestructable. Even water resistant. The downside is that it's very heavy.

I think that garden party bags are made with a type of buffalo as well.