A little bit of peyton advise needed..

coachmommyofmin

<3
O.G.
Oct 6, 2008
I think that a lot of people have bought peytons in the past few weeks and months, so I wonder:
Is Peyton a good every day bag? Do you wear it often? Is it as heavy as the Lily? Does the patent hold up well? I bet you can fit a bunch in it, but is it comfortable? Or is it only an occasional bag? I m trying to justify a purchase, just not sure if the size is good and the weight, so I wonder how you "already-owners" feel about her. I did a search, but I was wondering if there's anything actual as of right now, time has passed- how do you feel about your peyton? Was she worth the purchase, is she getting enough attention?

I've owned my Red Patent Peyton only for 2 1/2 weeks now, but I love it!!! I'll be going on a trip next week and it's going to be my carry-on because my laptop fits perfectly in the back area.

Since I've had it for a short period of time, I can't tell you much about wear. I'm kinda hard on my bags but I take care of them too (clean/moisturize) and I think the patent will hold up well for me.

I've tried my friends Lily XL as well as the medium Lily and both seem like they're heavier when they're empty than my Patent Peyton.

You can fit a ridiculous amount in the Peyton, the problem I have is that I end up forgetting which section I put something in, so I'm digging in all 4 outer pockets and then in the 2 sections of the bag. It's something I think I'll get used to once I keep putting the same things (phone, books, keys, etc) in the same pockets all the time.

It's bigger than I thought it would be in the picture, but not absurd. I don't wear it to work every day because I'm still really attached to my grey legacy tote. My Peyton is definitely an attention getter though.

I say she's a fantastic bag and I love having her. She was so worth it.

Red Patent Peyton for me = :ps:

PS: I like my every day bags to be more subtle, which is why I don't wear the Patent every day. But if you're into it, there's no reason why you can't wear a Peyton (patent or no) every day.

I have the black patent peyton. It has become my everyday work bag.

IMO the peyton (at least the patent) is much lighter than the Lily and it fits better on the shoulder. I was never able to get the lily to sit right on my shoulder (and I'm fairly thin). The peyton handles are very long and I can carry the bag on my shoulder even when I'm wearing my heavy winter coat.

I think it's a great bag and if you can snag one at the outlets it's worth it IMO.

I'm on the fence about the two I picked up yesterday. :Push: Now you girls are convincing me to keep her!!! I have a feeling if I return them, I'll want them and then they'll be gone.:shrugs:

I just picked up the Peyton, and it's really quite lovely (especially to get it at the outlet price). It's really a lightweight bag, and the only thing that bothered me is that after you take out all the filler/tissue paper, the bag loses it's structure. I kind of wish it had more form to it (I'm hoping adding my stuff to it will make a difference!). I'm a bigger woman, and have no problems getting the bag to sit on over my shoulder with a wool peacoat on either. It's also nice to have separate compartments, so that I can put my laptop in one side. The only downside is that is weighs down one side of the bag somewhat disproportionately...but I'm sure that won't hurt anything if it's not an 'everyday' thing...but someone else may be able to attest to that more than me.

And I would wear mine on my arm to work daily, but I'm fearful of the statement it would make to my co-workers/clients...I am a social worker and I don't want them to immediately think I am some well-to-do snob...I just plan my designer bag purchases wisely...making sure I get at least 50% off retail before I commit. :yahoo:

omg thank you so much!!!

ITS SO LOVELY, i fell in love with it as soon as i saw it at the store.

so u ended up paying 1139 plus taxes? thats a really good save!

i wish we had outlets up here .. i hate travelling to washington :faint:

i will have that bag by the end of this year (hopefully if i save up enough)

but thanks so much!!!
I don't think you understood the thread, it wasn't 1139, it was more like 750$ after the discount.