Buyer states she cannot pay through Bidpay???

shoes319

O.G.
Mar 14, 2006
I just registered with Bidpay to accept money from a potential international buyer...now she says they won't let her pay (she is in Singapore). Is this true? She wants to use paypal...and I don't! I suggested Int'l MO or wire transfer - haven't heard back...any help??

Yes, bidpay will not accept payments from there and when they come from Japan they hold it for weeks.

Did she know you didn't want to use paypal before the transaction was complete? Also you can do a money order.

I thought it was good with better control over chargebacks, but now it doesn't do me good! I had stated in the auction ship to US only....I've asked for MO...we'll see. She stated she worked with a US seller a lot before, yet only has feedback of 2 -- red flag already.....thanks for the input..

Ebay actually doesn't allow Bidpay just like Western Union as a payment method. Your auctions can be shut down and you can be suspended if someone reports your auctions.

And doesnt bidpay charge the buyer for fees? I could have sworn when I paid someone via Bidpay I got charged a money order fee...this was a loooong time ago, and it was the only time I used them

Ebay actually doesn't allow Bidpay just like Western Union as a payment method. Your auctions can be shut down and you can be suspended if someone reports your auctions.

Are you sure?

Bidpay was just opened up again recently and had a booth at Ebay Live in June 2006. ? They are integrated with Ebay.

I know there were problems with Bidpay years ago, but I thought they were different now. It certainly protects sellers.

From the ebay help section: Bidpay is fine

Some ExamplesHide
Payment Services permitted on eBay: Allpay.net, Bidpay, cash2india, CertaPay, Checkfree.com, hyperwallet.com, Moneybookers.com, Nochex.com, Ozpay.biz, Paymate.com.au, Propay.com, XOOM
Payment Services not permitted on eBay: AlertPay.com, anypay.com, AuctionChex.com, BillPay.ie, ecount.com, cardserviceinternational.com, CCAvenue, ecount, e-gold, eHotPay.com, ePassporte.com, EuroGiro, FastCash.com, Google Checkout, gcash, GearPay, Goldmoney.com, graphcard.com, greenzap.com, ikobo.com, Liberty Dollars, Moneygram.com, neteller.com, Netpay.com, paychest.com, payingfast.com, Payko.com, paypay, Postepay, Qchex.com, rupay.com, sendmoneyorder.com, stamps, Stormpay, wmtransfer.com, xcoin.com

From the ebay help section: Bidpay is fine

Some ExamplesHide
Payment Services permitted on eBay: Allpay.net, Bidpay, cash2india, CertaPay, Checkfree.com, hyperwallet.com, Moneybookers.com, Nochex.com, Ozpay.biz, Paymate.com.au, Propay.com, XOOM
Payment Services not permitted on eBay: AlertPay.com, anypay.com, AuctionChex.com, BillPay.ie, ecount.com, cardserviceinternational.com, CCAvenue, ecount, e-gold, eHotPay.com, ePassporte.com, EuroGiro, FastCash.com, Google Checkout, gcash, GearPay, Goldmoney.com, graphcard.com, greenzap.com, ikobo.com, Liberty Dollars, Moneygram.com, neteller.com, Netpay.com, paychest.com, payingfast.com, Payko.com, paypay, Postepay, Qchex.com, rupay.com, sendmoneyorder.com, stamps, Stormpay, wmtransfer.com, xcoin.com

:flowers: Thank you ~ what good info!

There was a huge announcement on the ebay boards reguarding Bidpay and they said you can't accept it. I had to remove it from my auctions. Maybe they reinstated it in June.

Well thanks for all the info....the potential buyer slid away as apparently my nose was questioning too much....her lack of feedback was a big negative and she insisted she wanted to use paypal - and the gift was for her mother, etc.....just as well...rather not lose!