First Purchase

lolasmom

O.G.
Feb 11, 2007
Finally I've made the B Bag decision. It's a toss between the PT and City. The part time is longer and narrower than the City. Can't decide which one would be more practical for every day. Color now is the problem. I want an all year color. I am leaning towards the black but also love the two pinks. Would you say the pinks are all year colors, i.e bubble gum or new pink..cant remember name. Franchois or something. Also, which hardware is more current and popular, gold or silver. Thanks everyone.

You can't go wrong with a black City RH. It's a classic and I doubt you would regret buying this bag. Have fun deciding and remember to post pics when you've bought your first Bbag :smile:

I think that the officier (navy) would be a great year round choice. The GGH (giant gold hardware) looks gorgeous with that colour!

I dont think that any of the pinks are a good idea if you want something to be for the whole year.... however if you love the colour you should get it anyway! Probably the darker the better. Amethyst rocks!

PT all the way! For me I like bags the bigger the better for everyday!

i agree with ring my bell, navy colors like 08 Marine and 09 Officier are a great alternative to the regular black.. they are definitely year round colors and will hold up better than pinks :smile:

as for the size, i think the city is perfect!

i would get a city for my first bag. i love the part time, but sometimes i feel like it juts out on the sides too much; mainly because it's wider/longer than the city. but it's also narrower, so if you prefer that, go for it! for a pink, i would go for framboise (is that the color you meant? it's a light strawberry pink) or amethyst.

i also wouldn't get hardware based on whether it is "current and popular". go with hardware that you like most & that you enjoy wearing!
:smile:

i JUST got a PT with GSH and she is just divine! i've found in my research that i definitely prefer the giant hardware on the part time as opposed to the city because there's more bag to accommodate the larger hardware. and the city size seems a bit overwhelmed by the GH. but ITA with balmained! get something you love rather than something that's popular now!

i JUST got a PT with GSH and she is just divine! i've found in my research that i definitely prefer the giant hardware on the part time as opposed to the city because there's more bag to accommodate the larger hardware. and the city size seems a bit overwhelmed by the GH. but ITA with balmained! get something you love rather than something that's popular now!

I totally agree with ikim23 about the giant hardware on the city. It was actually my boyfriend who pointed that out to me.... clever boy!

Yes,the PT is better with the GH to me too.For the colour,go for a blue,or for the classic black,or the anthra.The Hardware choice depends on the colours imo.:smile:

I'm over 50 and worried that the bag is too young for me but I love it so much. I've got many others, Chanel, Marc Jacobs, YSL but the leather on the BBag is just so great. So that's why I'm worried as most of you are probably in your 20's and early 30's. I love style and have been fashion conscience since birth LOL Therefore the question remains......City or PT - Giant Hardware or Not. So hard to choose.

Well really, I prefer the PT AFTER it is broken in and slouchy. It almost looks the size of a city to me. What would you be carrying in it? I wouldn't even call the PT 'big', honestly, so I think you would be okay with either one. Just depending on what you expect it to carry in it!

What are you drawn to? Pictures of GH or RH?

NYBagSnob Are you saying the Gold Hardware PT - because a store is holding for me the Black with Silver - Another question ------does the Giant hardware cause the pocketbook to not keep its shape because of its weight? I never thought so much before purchasing a bag. This is bordering on ridiculous.