Hermes way with vintage/70cm scarves

Scarf Addict

Sieze The Day!
O.G.
Oct 17, 2008
I like this idea from Hermes which is in the set of tying cards I was given last Saturday - only slight problem is I "only" have 4 vintage size scarves now I'll just have to get another;)!
Sorry my photos are sideways but you get the idea I think/hope.

Attachments

• SSCN1096.JPG
    SSCN1096.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 336
  • SSCN1098.JPG
    SSCN1098.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 251
The photo has 5 vintage 70cm scarves rolled up and then all tied together and wrapped around - there is Brandebourg in there, Ex Libris, Tigre Royale ...which are all recent 70cm scarves.

I think Vanmiracle or someone did this with just three scarves--they might have been full-sized carres. I've never worn more than one scarf at a time, but I'm intrigued by different ways of doing it. I'm not sure I could pull it off, but I love seeing what other (more daring) people do with their scarves!

I think Vanmiracle or someone did this with just three scarves--they might have been full-sized carres. I've never worn more than one scarf at a time, but I'm intrigued by different ways of doing it. I'm not sure I could pull it off, but I love seeing what other (more daring) people do with their scarves!

Vanmiracle is a wonder woman, I agree! In GavrocheTV there is an episode where she uses 4 (or 5?) Gavroches at once ~ it looks great!! All I have ever done, was to use two Vintage scarves at the same time.

Scarf-Addict ~ you probably will get a very good result with four scarves.. unless you already have the 5th in mind that would make the look perfect :angel:

Yes of course! Doh:Push:
I guess any number will have the desired effect, but I really like the ones in the H photo. I may have one in the pipeline - depends on what the Venice store has in stock;)

Well MaiTai I think that Venice H does "specials" - I got their gorgeous pink/white/black Rialto scarf last year so I was really hoping like mad they will have one for 2009. Do you know if they will? They told me in the store that they were trying for a reprint of Carneval de Venise/Fetes Venitiennes (I have 4 of the jacquard ones) and I would dearly love to get a pink one of those, albeit they won't have the jacquard anymore. Failing that I LOVE the new 70cm vintage scarf called "Rythmes" I saw one in London last week in the most gorgeous CW of dove grey with pale pink and lilac/blue and white it is gorgeous for summer, or the new 70cm called "Crown" though I haven't seen all the CWs yet. If H Venice do have a "special" I will buy (if I like it!) but if not I will buy at home as the euro is so bad for us Brits now.
The new "Carre en Carre" pointu is great in pink so that is on the wish list too! I've attached pics from the H catalogue for reference.

Attachments

• SSCN1163.JPG
    SSCN1163.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 191
  • SSCN1164.JPG
    SSCN1164.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 188
  • SSCN1162.JPG
    SSCN1162.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 198
Well MaiTai I think that Venice H does "specials" - I got their gorgeous pink/white/black Rialto scarf last year so I was really hoping like mad they will have one for 2009. Do you know if they will? They told me in the store that they were trying for a reprint of Carneval de Venise/Fetes Venitiennes (I have 4 of the jacquard ones) and I would dearly love to get a pink one of those, albeit they won't have the jacquard anymore. Failing that I LOVE the new 70cm vintage scarf called "Rythmes" I saw one in London last week in the most gorgeous CW of dove grey with pale pink and lilac/blue and white it is gorgeous for summer, or the new 70cm called "Crown" though I haven't seen all the CWs yet. If H Venice do have a "special" I will buy (if I like it!) but if not I will buy at home as the euro is so bad for us Brits now.
The new "Carre en Carre" pointu is great in pink so that is on the wish list too! I've attached pics from the H catalogue for reference.

They have recently added it on the H website and it is gorgeus, I saw it yesterday, and well............:shame:........

Yes its on its way, I have a problem with restraining myself on the H website LOL! :shame:

The Pointu is a good size to tie, its like folding a 70x70 into half to make a triange, check out my profile, I think I have a picture in the H album there. :smile:

Ok I just checked and there wasnt a modelling pic in my album but this was from my reveal.

Attachments

• 100_0754.jpg
    100_0754.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 249
Last edited: