The Chain on my flap broke. Can the CHANEL store fix it for me?

JuicyME

O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Hi. I went away for the weekend and the chain on my flap broke :sad:
Both ends are actually snatched off, but in the picture it only looks like one is.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v352/216/29/19605335/n19605335_32746167_3243.jpg

I was wondering if anyone knew if CHANEL stores fix or REPLACE the chains? And does anyone know how much the cost is?

I actually need a new chain attached because I don't even have the old one anymore. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm so heart broken. :crybaby:

I would also like to add, I don't have any receipts or anything. =(
I was hoping that as long as I paid, they would replace a chain?

Last edited:
When did you buy the bag? There's usually a one year warranty of free service due to defect. Getting a new chain won't be difficult, although it might take at least few weeks for them to fix it.

Oh gosh! photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v352/216/29/19605335/n19605335_32746167_3243.jpg

I think there is one year warranty, bring it back to any store. Even if w/o warranty, I don't see why they can't fix for you (maybe at a fee?).

You lost the chain? Yeah there is a one year warranty worldwide I think. I sent my Baby cabas in to fix a broken stitch and the SA said I needed to pay for it since I got it more than a year ago. They can tell from the hologram. I don't think you need a receipt, I didn't have one too.

I bought the bag on Ebay, so I don't know how old it is :T

Also, I cut the other part of the chain off cause I was going to just use it as a clutch. I don't exactly know where I put it.. I'm trying to look for it everywhere :sad: But either way, the chain is no good now.

Is there any particular Chanel store I can call?
And is it okay even though I bought the bag on Ebay? I got it authenticated and everything here before I bought it.

Yes, Chanel replaces the chain for $160-$200. It used to be $160 for a brand new chain replacement, but I think they just raised it to $200. Or maybe that's just for the bigger chain for the jumbo. Anyway, you should be able to take your bag to any Chanel boutique and ask them for a replacement chain. It takes about 6 weeks. Please make sure you keep all authenticity cards, paperworks, etc. with you. Just give them the bag only.

That's why I love this place! I learn so much. Good to know one should keep all authenticity cards and paperwork before handing to them for repair. Considering how many quality issues I have been reading, I might have to use this info some day!

Good luck w/ your new chain! Hopefully, your bag will come back better than it was before. And no more cutting off the chain. ;)

Yes, Chanel replaces the chain for $160-$200. It used to be $160 for a brand new chain replacement, but I think they just raised it to $200. Or maybe that's just for the bigger chain for the jumbo. Anyway, you should be able to take your bag to any Chanel boutique and ask them for a replacement chain. It takes about 6 weeks. Please make sure you keep all authenticity cards, paperworks, etc. with you. Just give them the bag only.

The strap on my Cambon tote came apart twice (2 different places) but it was next to the knot both times so I just re-sewed it myself with heavy carpet thread. It has held up beautifully since. If you still had your chain you could probably fix this yourself or go to a shoe repair place much cheaper than $200, but if you don't have it I guess you're kind of stuck unless you want to use a non-Chanel chain.

I took my brown Hybrid to Chanel NYC the other day with no receipt or anything. It had a loose grommet and the other 3 werent lookin so hot so they took my bag in and said they'd replace all 4 grommets FOR FREE. :smile: I love Chanel's service. Never any questions asked!

I cant wait to get it back. Im sure it will look great.

Ooh, just read about you cutting the chain, err, I'd leave that part out, as well as purchasing the bag on Ebay.

Plus, you can tell how old it is by the numbers on the hologram and authenticity card. Maybe it's less than a year old and they'll definitely replace it for free! I hope they won't ask for the chain, though... I wouldn't think it would matter.