Left wing of maxi is flying higher

bella.girl

O.G.
Aug 7, 2008
I ordered a red maxi lambskin and just got it from fedex guy about an hour ago. When i opened it, it looks perfect.:yahoo: I tried to put the basic things: my heavy wallet, cosmetic case, keys and my small mobile phone. It didn't have any wings.:tup: After awhile I tried carrying it again and there it goes... the left side started flying away.:sad: The right side looks ok but the left side just folded up. When it's just sitting down you wouldn't see the problem but when you start carrying it, when the chain is pulling the bag the wings started to fly. I really like the bag but I feel that over time the flying away will worsen and will destroy the look of it. The bag is brand new but it looks worn out because of the fold its creating.
I don't know if I'll try another one. I think that all maxis will be the same because of the softness of the leather.
I suggest that if you're going to buy one make sure that you yourself test how the bag will hold up. I specifically asked my SA to give me the perfect one, to put things inside and see how the structure goes after that. I think she really did it but the test she made wasn't long enough for her to see what happens afterwards.
I ordered my bag from Saks by mail I'm just not sure if I can do an in store return in the Saks here which doesn't carry Chanels. Anyone knows? TIA!

I guess all the bags are going to develop wings. I guess you won't be ordering a different Maxi?

We shouldn't have to worry about the weight of stuff we put in our over-sized bags.

Sorry to hear about the wing problem with your maxi. I wonder the same - if it's only happening with the lamb ones? Jill didn't seem to have wings with her new maxi (right?).

I guess all the bags are going to develop wings. I guess you won't be ordering a different Maxi?

We shouldn't have to worry about the weight of stuff we put in our over-sized bags.

I think I'm going to pass on the maxi though I really love it. I hope they come up with a different one with a more structured material.

I had it happened with my first Caviar MAXI but my current one is doing well.... knock on wood! I used it most of last week and am using it this week also to see if the wings will appear.

It's so disappointing to hear about another incidence of the wing issue. The Maxi is such a great size for those of who find the Jumbo barely big enough. Oh well. It's better for my wallet anyway.