My LV Birthday Bag!

baglady88

Addicted to Luxury..
Jan 15, 2009
Hey everyone! My birthday is in May and I will be turning 21. I started collecting Louis Vuitton Bags since December '08. I only have 1 bag so far and that is the Damier Azur Speedy 30. Well, for my birthday, I was thinking of getting another speedy. My mom said she's not spending more than $800. I just dont know which one to get:shrugs:! But I'm having a dilemma. If I get the Monogram canvas, everyone will probably think thats its fake or something because everyone has it (real or fake) and probably give me funny stares ( I have read that in other threads about this bag) but the thing is, I always wanted that bag ever since I graduated high school in 2006. And the Damier Ebony looks like its for older women but I still love it. Should i get the Monogram speedy or the Damier ebony speedy? Or what? Thanks!

Mono is classic LV, it was also my first LV. I also have the Damier Ebony speedy which I love. The ebony is more my style because i dont baby my bags. But if the Mono has your heart, you should just go try them both on then you'll know. You cant go wrong with either! or just get one, and later on get the other:P

Mono is classic LV, it was also my first LV. I also have the Damier Ebony speedy which I love. The ebony is more my style because i dont baby my bags. But if the Mono has your heart, you should just go try them both on then you'll know. You cant go wrong with either! or just get one, and later on get the other:P

Thanks Whitney. Do you know if they still sell the Watercolor speedy in stores in white? I like that bag too! Decisions, decisions!

Hey girl! I think if the Mono is what you want, you should get it. Most people will stare at you because it's a hott bag or because they are secretly jealous! And don't worry about people thinking it's fake...there's a big different from the real and fake ones. It's a really nice bag..i had 3 of them but I got rid of them because I hate constantly carrying it in my hand...OH WELL! Sometimes its painful to look nice! hahaha...

GOOD LUCK!

wow Erica lol...you got rid of 3 of them? I wish i was there when u were giving them away hehe..I think i will get the monogram for my birthday. thanks!

WC isn't sold in stores anymore, and is/was more expensive anyways...

I think you can't go wrong with damier ebene OR mono! Or if you want to try something different, a damier neverfull would be a great choice in that price range as well!

what a great birthday gift, whatever you decide!

My situation was similar to yours cause I'm turning 21 in April...I just bought a mono speedy 35 and a azur speedy 35....I also have a damier bag, but it isn't a speedy...I would say buy the mono speedy first and get the damier later on when you can because if you are planning on starting a collection the mono is a classic must have IMO...good luck!!!

Have you looked at the monogram papillon 26? that bag is under 800 and is something different from your speedy. However, if you dont like it and your set on getting another speedy I would choose the mono over the ebony because you already have the azur which is the same thing as the ebony but a diff color.

WC isn't sold in stores anymore, and is/was more expensive anyways...

I think you can't go wrong with damier ebene OR mono! Or if you want to try something different, a damier neverfull would be a great choice in that price range as well!

what a great birthday gift, whatever you decide!

Oh ok, i thought the WC was the same as all the other speedies. My mom is not a big fan on spending big bucks on a purse so she gave me a range. I think i will get the monogram for my bday and then i will get the damier later on the year for Fall :smile:.