Flabbergasted by USPS's new policies!

effinhaute

Sep 18, 2006
I just came back from the Post Office to ship a t-shirt out to Great Britain... global priority... for $29.85. I AM SHOCKED and angry!!!

They wouldn't let me send the item in their priority envelope either.. it HAD to be in their box if I wanted to send it with insurance... which also added some unnecessary weight. This is getting to be ridiculous.. $30 for a flimsy nowhere NEAR being a pound t-shirt.....

What is up with all the changes?? What's wrong with sending a t-shirt in a perfectly fine USPS Priority Tyvek envelope :sad:

^^
Those are prices for flat-rate...
I have actually never used flat rate.. maybe I should o.o
I can't believe how silly I have been and not using flat rate! So if you pay $10.95 you can ship any item that is under 4 lbs WITH insurance??

Insurance is not included in Priority Intl. flat rate. Think EMS includes insurance up to certain amount. Yeah, I always try to squeeze my stuff in the flat rate envelope, like shirt and jeans.

I'm not surprised. Prices are going up everywhere. I've seen a big jump in food prices, for example. The economy is a mess, so companies are either not growing as much as they unrealistically expect to or are losing money, so they raise prices, but people, many of them jobless, can't afford those prices, so they cut down on spending, and the companies, faced with shrinking earnings, again raise prices and lay off people, who then can't afford to buy anything from the companies...it's a vicious cycle. It's alarming to see prices soar while peoples' jobs and incomes disappear...

I feel your pain. Is there tracking? B/c the only international service we have from Canada that includes tracking STARTS at $50 and goes up to about $85. This is why I charge half the posted rate in my listings (and still get dinged on shipping rate DSRs but that's a different story).
Wonder if EB will educate buyers as to the new higher rates you guys have now in the US so they don't shaft sellers on rate DSRs? AS IF!!!:rolleyes:

I feel your pain. Is there tracking? B/c the only international service we have from Canada that includes tracking STARTS at $50 and goes up to about $85. This is why I charge half the posted rate in my listings (and still get dinged on shipping rate DSRs but that's a different story).
Wonder if EB will educate buyers as to the new higher rates you guys have now in the US so they don't shaft sellers on rate DSRs? AS IF!!!:rolleyes:
eBay educate buyers??

i heard you can use third party insurers if you use USPS first class or flat rate. :yes: i've had sellers ship to me these ways and it works! i know one way is through auctiva and the other are sites that provide both shipping and insurance. HTH!

i heard you can use third party insurers if you use USPS first class or flat rate. :yes: i've had sellers ship to me these ways and it works! i know one way is through auctiva and the other are sites that provide both shipping and insurance. HTH!

Wow, does that mean that it is alot cheaper? and how do you do this? I have never used auctiva!

I have received 5 questions on shipping costs for international buyers.... I AM SICK AND TIRED!!!!
I know it is expensive but I can't do anything. I just can't afford to pay for the difference out of my own pocket! It is getting me so annoyed.. so I have to always reply with a thorough answer of why its so expensive....

HEres the USPS link if you guys are interested..

http://www.usps.com/communications/newsroom/localnews/fl/2009/fl_2009_0116.htm

That's what I found when I tried to do the research to find out why the prices shot up so much.

^^
Those are prices for flat-rate...
I have actually never used flat rate.. maybe I should o.o
I can't believe how silly I have been and not using flat rate! So if you pay $10.95 you can ship any item that is under 4 lbs WITH insurance??

That new small flat rate box is 12.95.... that is somewhat reasonable compared to the $40+ the other ones are going for!! :faint: