Poor, poor Twilly!

Jesskaz

Jan 3, 2009
On my way home from work tonight, as I entered my subway stop, I saw a little Twilly on the steps down into the station. I glanced down to the bottom of the stairs and saw a woman disappearing around the corner with a big, orange shopping bag.

I scooped up the twilly and ran down the stairs, trying not to kill myself, and just as I got to the bottom, the train pulled up. The woman went through the turnstyle and onto the train. I was desparately scrambling in my bag to find my metrocard and meanwhile a man literally shoved me out of his way to go through (I wasn't reeealy in the way- another woman had gone around me no problem) JEESH! I was thinking "oh no! She's RIGHT THERE and if I miss the train I'll never see her again!!" I found my card, swiped it, and just slipped onto the train before the doors shut.

I found the woman with the H shopping bag at the end of the car and held up the Twilly and asked her if she dropped it. She looked at me with a confused expression for a second and said "no, no that's not mine, but thank you."

So, after all that, I have an orphaned Twilly.:crybaby:

If she happens to belong to one of you tpfers, pm me. If you can tell me the station you *may* have lost it at (I think it's likely if you list the places you were today- you will come up with the right one), and can describe her to me, you can come claim her!

I gave her a nice soak in cold water and Woolite to get the nasty subway yuckies off. She looks good as new.

You are so sweet to help find the owner of the Twilly! It is scary how easily these lil silks can get lost-- that's why I tie an extra loop when I'm in a busy area.

whats a twilly?:confused1::shame:
A small Hermes silk scarf/bandeau. It's like the Coach ponytail scarves!

2159361908_d98001a827.jpg

A long time ago I dropped my wallet on the way to the laundromat. A guy showed up a my apartment with it. The cash was gone but my licence and cc's were still there (of course I cancelled them anyway). I was really grateful. So I try to pay it back...

I bend over backwards trying to return lost stuff- a couple months ago I found a full set of keys in front of where I work. There was an Izuzu key on them and I walked all around for a couple blocks and tried it in the only one I found- I was going to leave them under the mat. Didn't work. Then I went inside and called all of the little store tags (blockbuster, city gym, etc) to find the owner. The lady at blockbuster said she had a name but wouldn't give it to me. She said she would call them for me and give them my #. I never got a call. Someone in my office finally tossed them out.:sad:

A long time ago I dropped my wallet on the way to the laundromat. A guy showed up a my apartment with it. The cash was gone but my licence and cc's were still there (of course I cancelled them anyway). I was really grateful. So I try to pay it back...

I bend over backwards trying to return lost stuff- a couple months ago I found a full set of keys in front of where I work. There was an Izuzu key on them and I walked all around for a couple blocks and tried it in the only one I found- I was going to leave them under the mat. Didn't work. Then I went inside and called all of the little store tags (blockbuster, city gym, etc) to find the owner. The lady at blockbuster said she had a name but wouldn't give it to me. She said she would call them for me and give them my #. I never got a call. Someone in my office finally tossed them out.:sad:

That is so sweet of you! I really hope you are able to locate the Twilly's owner!