Uhhh...different dustbags??

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Okay...so the dustbag that my Jasmin arrived with is quite different from the other six dustbags that I have for my other LV pieces.

attachment.php

The one on the left is what I received today and the one on the right is what all my other ones look like. Now, both of them feel like felt...the new one doesn't feel flimsy like fake dustbags do, but I did notice a few differences. First, the edges aren't neat (and seamed) like the one on the right...it's jagged although it doesn't look as if someone cut the fabric poorly with a pair of scissors. And of course, the colours are different.

What worried me was the look of the "LV" on the front:

attachment.php
attachment.php

The one on the left is on most of my dustbags and the one on the right is the LV on the new dustbag. The font looks a little different...and the right LV has thicker lines...

Is there something wrong with my new dustbag...? Is it simply because it's an older dustbag? (This bag would have been from around 2001 or older...depending on whether the seller included the original or another one whereas all my other bags have dustbags from 2003 and later) I hope it's not fake.

Attachments

• 102_1244.JPG
    102_1244.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 201
  • 102_1242.JPG
    102_1242.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 208
  • 102_1243.JPG
    102_1243.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 205
some of my dustbags feel different from the rest coz i have a few made in spain and a few made in france. i don't think that you have to worry too much about it, the main thing is that your bag is the real thing!

The one on the left is the older of the 2 dustbags that you have, it feels coarser and somewhat thicker than the one on the right. I have both so I know what you mean. :smile: But the one on the left is a real albeit older model of the dustbags. HTH. :smile:

Umm...are you worried that the "dustbag" is fake? :huh: Does it matter? Or you mean that you're worried that if the dustbag is fake then the bag is fake too? :shrugs: As far as I'm concern I only care that my bags are authentic...I sometimes even keep my LV's in other designer's dustbags. :wondering