*CLOSED* Authenticate This TODS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Unfortunately we do not have a current active authentication, you’ll need to use a paid service.

Please post any questions about authentic TODS items or sellers here.
Thanks!

The PurseForum requests that only members with an extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please make sure to use the proper format as outlined below for eBay and Bonanzle auctions, your request may not be answered if not in the correct format...

Note from Vlad:
Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.
Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.
Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer
All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

Note from jburgh on posting:
Hi everyone -
We have a format for Authenticating TOD'S items. The format especially pertains to eBay and Bonanzle auctions. This includes handbags, wallets, accessories, cosmetic cases and footwear. This will be helpful to keep the threads easy to navigate, easy to respond to, and be better for all involved. Before you post in the TOD'S Authenticate This thread, PLEASE read the rules!!!! This will make it easier for EVERYONE and really make the chance of you getting your question answered much better.

Please follow the following rules:
Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about TOD'S, please refer to our reference section for such information. Finally, do not submit requests for something that is obviously a fake, e.g. the item says it is a replica, or a $50 D-Bag.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item Name:
Listing number:
Seller name or ID:
Working Link:
Comments:

Pictures we need for authentication requests are clear close-ups of all logos, logo plates, zippers, zipper pulls, lining, and hardware. In addition, views of sides, front, back, top, inside and bottom are needed. Do not post requests for item that do not have sufficient pictures.

Authenticators are not required to answer every request, and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
Authenticators may also request additional pictures and/or information in order to assist with authentication. Please remember, it is always useful to have several close up pictures when submitting an item for authentication.
Please do not intervene to confront a troll or rudeness on the boards, just use the REPORT function (button) to alert the mods, and let them handle it from there. In the meantime, just ignore the poster until a mod can intervene.
Always be respectful when you post and treat others as you expect to be treated. This is an open thread and everyone is welcome to participate.
Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests must be posted in this thread. Other threads requesting authentication will be closed.

Why we have a format...follow up information:
I thought I would perhaps spell out more clearly the reasons why the standardized format is required:

1. Allows authenticators and requesters to see all information laid out in a clear and concise manner, upfront, without wading through links to find out information.

2. Allows requesters to easily see if the items have been previously requested, when doing a search. Searches will pick up item numbers, and this is what requesters should be searching for.

3. Allows both authenticators and requesters to mentally note important information, such as "That seller sells authentic" or "Seller XXXX is a problematic seller."

4. Reduces duplications of requests which clutters the thread and takes up unnecessary time and space.

5. Respects the personal time and effort authenticators take to answer requests.

I hopes this helps.
PM me (jburgh) if you need further clarification.

Thank you!

Reactions: Lorax
Hi Ladies kindly please authenticate this bag. only 3 pics are posted on the auction site... Thanks so much ;)

2b22_1.JPG

3318_1.JPG

33b7_1.JPG

Authentic!
Very good price. They did have these in this color and others at the Orlando outlet this past Monday. Give them a call and see if they have any left.

Great bag, I have it in Smoke, it's my rainy day bag cause it can get wet!

Cheers
thanks! do you recall the price and colors at the outlet? do you happen to recall if they had the pashmy luna? thanks again!

i just noticed that the outside zipper pulls are different than the other pashmy's i've seen... is this an older model or a fake?

It is authentic, it is one of the earlier nylon Messengers. The leather is matte calf leather. The newer ones have Patent Leather trim. The hardware on this bag is correct and the embossing is also correct.
Cheers,

Hello!
Can someone help me with this Tod's bag? I assume I need more photos - what should I ask for?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330303632954&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Many thanks

Julie

Hi Julie,
Can you ask the seller for pictures of the inside zippered area, zipper pulls and a close up of the hardware with the TODS engraving? I beleive this is the Mercer and it is from the Fall/Winter 2008 collection which can probably still be found in stores on sale.
Post pictures when you get them.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.