Hermes Birkin Black swift 30 CM (need you girls' opinion!! )

kissesmint

Nov 24, 2006
hi girls,
I just received an offer of a Birkins, 30 CM black, in swift leather with silver hardware ...
but the price on it is over $8000+, a thousand more than the Gold Birkin i got last year.
Do you girls think this would be a good choice (the swift leather, is it easy to get scratch)? Or should I wait for a more vibrant color for this coming spring?
I now have a Gold Birkin, and also a Lagoon Kelly bag.

Thanks for your input!:heart:

The price for a 30 right now is 8250 USD so the price sounds right. Is this a bag you want? It sounds awesome to me and I would buy it but really it needs to be your dream and not mine :upsidedown:

I have a Havane Swift 30cm and I LOVE it! THe leather is wonderful in all different types of weather and those superficial scratches one always seems to get can rub out fairly easily by hand. It's a great leather, IMO. And you can't go wrong with black.

Sounds like you like black, but not sure on the leather. I have a 30cm birkin in swift and I find it scratches easily. I like swift in the smaller bags only. I also like more structure and don't like it when the handles stretch with the softer leathers. All that being said, swift is the nicest leather to the touch by a LONG shot. I would advise that you pass on this bag. When you see a bag come out of the box, you know at first glance whether you love it or not. Good luck!

hi, thank you all for the inputs !! :smile: I went to the store yesterday and take a look at it, probably because of its material, the bag looks a bit small, but it's really cute !

costa, yes this is a brand new bag

Sounds like you like black, but not sure on the leather. I have a 30cm birkin in swift and I find it scratches easily. I like swift in the smaller bags only. I also like more structure and don't like it when the handles stretch with the softer leathers. All that being said, swift is the nicest leather to the touch by a LONG shot. I would advise that you pass on this bag. When you see a bag come out of the box, you know at first glance whether you love it or not. Good luck!

:yes:

this is my personal opinion, i would love to have birkin 30 only in bright colors...not black..and if i have to take black, i would take black with gold hw...somehow black with palladium hw never sing a song to me...
but most importantly..you have to buy a bag that sing to your heart...remember that this is quite a big decision =) goodluck! ow and i love love love swift...just have to be a lil bit more careful =)