Are wide leg jeans still in style?

Dec 4, 2008
I know skinny and straight leg are all the rage..... but what about wide leg? Are they still IN????

Like these Hudsons....

web155.revolveclothing.com/images/p/r/HUDSON-WJ147_V1.jpg

^^^I know those are out of stock, but what kind of top/shoes would you pair it with?

Last edited:
I love wide leg jeans. I do wear skinnies, but on most days I don't like my jeans to be tight on me.

Flats, heels,etc.
Tight fitting tops...you could even wear something slighlty baggy for the "hippier" look. It goes with everything!

Depends on what flatters your body type. For me, most of my jeans are boot-cut instyle or not.

As for what's in style, sure wide leg is fine. Not everyone can pull off a skinny jean anyways and if you can do both, more power to you.

I have everything from skinnies to bootcut to wide leg & wear them all. I think it's about the overall look & feeling good. If they suit you, wear them & enjoy :smile:

I agree. For me I can only wear skinny jeans with boots. They look terrible on me with heels.

Depends on what flatters your body type. For me, most of my jeans are boot-cut instyle or not.

As for what's in style, sure wide leg is fine. Not everyone can pull off a skinny jean anyways and if you can do both, more power to you.

I have my wide legs hemmed for flip flops for an easy summer look. They also look awesome hemmed for a great wedge shoe. Wear them with a top that defines your waist.

Wide leg jeans will be "in" for quite awhile, especially the ones that are basically wide-leg trousers made with softer denim material (think flowy). These days, my jeans wardrobe consists of bootcuts, skinnies once in awhile (but ONLY tucked into boots), and wide-leg jeans with heeled ankle boots or wedges.

I hope they are :smile:. I have 2 pairs. Bought one from Ann Taylor for $10 (scoreeee:tup:) and another from Banana Republic.

I usually wear knit tops with it. I tried wearing a buttoned shirt but some reason didn't look that great